AdvancedMD is a unified suite of software solutions designed for mental health, physical therapy and medical healthcare organizations and independent physician practices. Features include practice management, electronic health records, medical billing, patient engagement tools, telemedicine functionality, patient charts, reputation management, financial analytics and business intelligence reporting that all work together to automate medical practice workflows.
Integrated workflows automates the patient journey and improves the patient experience, starting with self-scheduling onsite or telemedicine appointments. Reminders can be sent to via text or email to notify of patient appointments . Using automated functionality, insurance eligibility verification for next-day patients runs automatically and alerts staff of potential issues. Intake and consent forms are sent through a patient portal and automatically collected into the patient chart.
With a physician dashboard, charting and prescriptions can be done from a centralized location. Charge capture occurs during the charting process without billing staff needing to copy or paste.
AdvancedMD's cloud platform provides remote access and the highest levels of data security available. AdvancedMD is browser agnostic for Mac and Windows operating systems and is available for any mobile device via an iOS and Android app.
Usuario verificado Especialidad: Hospital y atención sanitaria
The best feature for me personally is the ability to work on my iPhone and iPad. I am extremely busy and not always able to sit at my desktop to work so this feature is crucial for me.
It was a bit difficult to learn how to customize templates the way I prefer but once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to work with.
David G. Especialidad: Práctica médica Número de empleados: 11-50 empleados
That it can be customized -- to a point -- to my practice.
Many things can not be added or changed unless done through the company -- and if it is not on their list of changes it may never happen. It is also not as intuitive to use as one would hope.
Angela B. Especialidad: Práctica médica Número de empleados: 2-10 empleados
The reports provide providers with ways to grow their practice and to keep track of their revenue. So we can always inform them where there strengths and weaknesses to only help improve their practice.
Advancedmd is easy to use for both the pm and ehr. I love the ease of use of how quickly we can train doctors and office staff. I also have always been impressed with the support that I always receive from Advancedmd from every department.
When I'm in charge entry and a patient makes a copay and a payment, I wish we could apply it all in one screen instead of having to post the copay and then pull of the patients account to post the rest.
Harlan H. Especialidad: Cuidado de la salud mental Número de empleados: 51-200 empleados
If you're looking for a powerful billing platform this may be a good system for you to consider. However, if you're looking for a full PM/EHR system to manage a mental health practice this system is not ready and costs too much for what you get.
- Great billing platform with many ways to keep track of claims and payments
- We're able to manage 3 locations with a single system
- The system overall has a lot of great capability and most of the functionality we were looking for in a PM/EHR system. However, as noted below there are issues with how some of these capabilities work.
- Templates can be customized
- The EHR is not user friendly and leads to many new users creating notes that are not connected to a session as well as multiple redundant notes for a session.
- There is no easy way to track missing notes other than going session by session for each chart
- The standard reports are generally not very helpful as they provide few ways to customize and filter. The filters that are present are often not logical ways to filter data. What's more frustrating is that there are actually more useful reports that are in the system but they cost additional money to be added to a user's key. For example, a common filter type is to filter a range of providers alphabetically. AdvancedInsight does provide an enhanced reporting capability (for an extra cost) that relies on Internet Explorer and MS Silverlight all of which are old technologies. It is also somewhat difficult and time consuming to learn and still does not provide the ability to customize reports in the standard report capability. For that you have to pay AMD to make the changes or to add the report that already exists to your key.
- Printing chart notes requires a time consuming process of creating a Microsoft Word Merge template for each note template and then printing each note one by one. The Word Merge templates are complex to create and manage.
- Our sales rep guaranteed us a 95% first pass acceptance rate. After 7 months we are at 89%. There are several reasons for this and the company has provided us a credit but don't be fooled by the promises of their sales team.
- Adding new providers can take up to a month. Again we have been promised a 24 hour turn around time and yet sometimes have to wait weeks to get new providers added to our system. Note: we have the ability to add Users but only AMD can add providers.
Darin P. Especialidad: Hospital y atención sanitaria Número de empleados: 2-10 empleados
The customization of AdvancedMD is extremely useful especially for multi-specialty clinics. We're able to customize the workflow for our different specialties and drastically reduce the amount of time it takes our providers to complete their documentation.
A lot of the features are dependent on the user's commitment to learning the platform. If you're not willing to put in the time to learn the system it could lead to a lot of frustration.