Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex is a human capital management solution that's designed using web-based modular technology and a dedicated service center to help meet the HR needs of employers of any size and industry. With a single login, users can...

Saber más

Evaluaciones de función

Consulta las opiniones sobre Paychex Flex

1,083 de 1,083 opiniones
Ordenar por:
Steven r W. Steven r W.
  • Sector: Contabilidad

Publicado el 8/6/2021

Calm in a sea of changing regulations

We had considered hosting our own payroll, however, with the craziness of COVID and regulations we are very happy we chose a partner provided and supported solution. Saves us time chasing new regulations and forms and the dreaded amendments.

Puntos a favor

The customer service makes the product easy to use. The support makes the product as with many payroll software products it will do what you want you just have to find the right entry and set up.

Puntos en contra

At times its so complete it can be overwhelming to find some less used features you had found before. Again they are all like this but the customer support makes this a breeze as you can actually talk to a human being that listens and helps.

Payroll Relief

Razones para elegir Paychex Flex

ADP client support is a nightmare from our experience. From changing sales people to unreachable customer support.

RUN Powered by ADP

Razones para cambiar a Paychex Flex

We actually tried it and it was not even close to what we had hoped. Paychex customer support makes it the only choice for us.
Eric S. Eric S.

Publicado el 17/9/2019

Everything we need and more

Paychex Flex has cut the time we spend processing payroll requests in half, if not more. Giving employees the ability to make most changes on their own allows our Payroll Admin to focus on other parts of the business that require more attention.

Puntos a favor

I love that I can get new employees set up as users during their onboarding, then this becomes their one-stop-shop for all things payroll. They can access this site to get their pay stubs, make changes to their direct deposit, enroll/change health benefits, and even make adjustments to their 401k plans.

Puntos en contra

The only real con I have found with this system is that employees can not make changes to their mailing addresses themselves. They are still required to fill out a form for our Payroll Admin and he has to call Paychex to make the change. This seems like something simple that employees should be able to do themeselves.

Razones para cambiar a Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex offered us everything we were looking for in one package at a very affordable price.
Griselda C. Griselda C.
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria

Publicado el 22/10/2021

Highs and Lows

I like having direct access to professionals in HR, payroll, training, etc.

Puntos a favor

No question, having access to a comprehensive database from a company that's been doing it for decades makes it possible for us to be in compliance with local, state, and federal laws - which is a huge relief.

Puntos en contra

The time and attendance portal is dated and has been 'glitchy'; just more complicated to use than the other options.

Las mejores alternativas a Paychex Flex

Aline L. Aline L.
  • Sector: Dispositivos médicos

Publicado el 3/10/2019

One-stop shop, but not very customizable

Puntos a favor

It is very convenient to have access to the phone application, so you can access information and even run payroll from anytime / anywhere.
The add-on Stratustime allows you to track the non-exempt employees' hours and feeds directly into the payroll system.

Puntos en contra

Entering one-off payroll data such as expense reimbursement or a medical insurance payback has to be done at the individual level through individual checks.
it is difficult to customize access such as giving access to managers to accrue CTO days only, or giving them access to some HR info (number of vacation days, salary) without giving them access to all of it.
Also, the marketing is a little aggressive, the company offers so many other side services (writing your employee handbook, offering 401k, etc) that they call you too often with too many proposals, often different people for the same products.

Usuario verificado
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10,000+ empleados

Publicado el 11/9/2021

Still the gold standard of HR software

Excellent experience - used throughout our bank

Puntos a favor

Paychex has been around a long time and there is a reason for it. Still the gold standard in HR with the number of features in their flagship product and comprehensive suite of HR systems from payroll to benefit tracking to staff database.

Like most the ease of deployment, excellent customer service, mature product cycle and stable version upgrades

Puntos en contra

GUI needs improvement, needs to be more touch friendly for IPAD and iOS / android users
provide actionable real time alerts for failures in processing
Support part time / contract workers

Razones para cambiar a Paychex Flex

Brand awareness, excellent customer support and pricing advantage
Emmanuel V. Emmanuel V.
  • Sector: Contabilidad

Publicado el 5/11/2019

Good product overall

It's a good product for a small to medium size company. Again, my review is from a user standpoint, not an administrator. I really have no negative remarks for Paychex Flex.

Puntos a favor

Recording time is relatively easy.
W2s and paysubs are easily obtainable
Easy to navigate

Puntos en contra

From a user standpoint, nothing really.

Paylocity

Razones para elegir Paychex Flex

This was a decision made by upper management.

Paylocity
Sheila M. Sheila M.
  • Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 25/5/2021

Best decision we every made

They have helped me to ease up my role in the payroll process and they have set us up on five recruitment boards to help us find employees and the whole hiring process is so easy and I don't have to be so hands on through the process.

Puntos a favor

The hiring/onboarding piece is amazing.
They set us up in less than 3 days and had us doing our first payroll within a week. They sat with us through the whole payroll process from start to finish to make sure we understood it all.
The Time and attendance piece is awesome and works so well for our staff

Puntos en contra

There is nothing we don't like about Paychex. It has met our expectations and continues to do so daily.

ADP Workforce Now y Paylocity

Razones para elegir Paychex Flex

Paycor's customer service was awful and their program was not conducive to what we need as we continue to grow.

Paycor

Razones para cambiar a Paychex Flex

We felt it did a better job of what we needed and wanted our HRIS system to achieve.
Sean M. Sean M.
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

Publicado el 27/4/2021

Paychex Review

It has been a great experience as we were able to streamline many processes as a result of implementing the software.

Puntos a favor

It has given us more power to perform our necessary payroll functions which are a core foundation of our business. The self access portal allows me to manage and track my 401K. We do business in different state markets with different state statute regulations. Paychex has shown flexibility to be able to adapt to our needs.

Puntos en contra

The implementation stage took longer than we had hoped for. In the beginning the partnerships was getting quite expensive. We were able to work with Paychex to reach terms that best suited our business model.

Elizabeth D. Elizabeth D.
  • Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro

Publicado el 12/11/2021

Sold on features that never worked correctly

Previously, our payroll was completed in house. We were sold on Paychex being a one-stop shop that would save us time and have everything flow seamlessly in one system. Unfortunately, that never happened. We had issues with the payroll implementation that were never actually resolved. We switched to Paychex for employee insurance, and spent over six months trying to correct the errors.

Puntos a favor

I enjoyed the ease of using the software and report options.

Puntos en contra

Our biggest issue with the software was based on the needs of our company. As a non-profit we have multiple funding streams in which employees may work. After communicating with the payroll implementation team, we set up the system as advised. Several months after we went live, the inaccurate setup caused errors in our general ledger reports, and I personally had to key journal entries of over 1,000 lines bi-weekly just to get the information accurately recorded in our general ledger software. This added one to two days of work onto my already hectic schedule. When we asked to change the setup, we were told that it would take too much time and wouldn't be possible, even though we were paying thousands of dollars a month for this service.

ADP Workforce Now y Proliant

Razones para cambiar a Paychex Flex

We were sold on a seamless system that never did work accurately.
Fernando V. Fernando V.
  • Sector: Construcción

Publicado el 9/3/2021

Not for construction payroll

Good people but the tool is one vertical silo after another, we had multiple 3 way calls to coordinate our onboarding and there were many issues that I had to "hunt" for help.

Puntos a favor

The tax compliance is great. In a state where there are local taxes and in the ever-changing world of taxes, Paychex does a great job.

Puntos en contra

We are not able to generate our certified payroll reports because no one in Paychex knew how to set it up.

Kanwal R. Kanwal R.
  • Sector: Administración educativa

Publicado el 7/5/2020

Great product

Customer service is the only downside. Otherwise, we are happy with the system itself.

Puntos a favor

We used to rely on our accountant in the past. This is a great way to have access to anything at anytime. Another perk is that the employees are able to review their tax documents remotely as well.

Puntos en contra

This is not really related to the software itself, but the customer service continues to be an ongoing problem. God forbid if you receive a notice from EDD or IRS, you'll be chasing behind people to follow up. I wish whatever forms are submitted, we can have access to them from a particular page along with the outcomes.

QuickBooks Time

Razones para elegir Paychex Flex

We switched our time entries to Paychex Flex too because Timesheets.com doesn't have a proper tracking system for paid time off.

Timesheets.com

Razones para cambiar a Paychex Flex

Price and everything being under one place
Erin S. Erin S.
  • Sector: Filantropía

Publicado el 13/10/2017

Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind

Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

Puntos a favor

It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions.

Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

Puntos en contra

I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately.

I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

Peter S. Peter S.

Publicado el 7/11/2017

Paychex has FINALLY gotten it right

Payroll reports for my clients are at my fingertips!

Puntos a favor

Paychex FLEX is easy to navigate, fast at loading reports and pages, and gives you access to what you need. As an accountant it is vital for me to be able to have access to the reports and items I need to get accounting and taxes done without having to jump through hoops to get that information. Many payroll firms make this task frustrating and time consuming. With Paychex FLEX I have one log in for all of my clients and can easily navigate to the company and reports that I need every month or at year-end within a few minutes (including the login process).

Puntos en contra

One thing I don't like is that the default view for reports is set to the last 90 days. Many times, especially dealing with tax forms, I need reports that were created more than 90 days ago. Also, since the newest reports go to the top of the list you already have the most recent reports at the top. Why not default to the past year and then just let me filter down to a smaller group of reports if that's what I want?

Other than that small gripe, they have done a lot to improve their FLEX format. When it was first released everyone hated it but it has finally been improved to the point that it is extremely usable. The problem is that it seems like every time they get things just right they move to a new platform and "upgrade" their systems. I understand that this might be a necessary evil but it sure does cause a lot of growing pains for the end-user.

Candace E. Candace E.
  • Sector: Software informático

Publicado el 9/4/2018

Paychex Flex the next best electronic payroll system!

The benefits of using Paychex Flex software is that the product is available online to users. Other benefits include being able to select a specific payment plan or subscription suitable for the company to aid the human resources aspects of payroll. Additional benefits include accessing a dashboard with all employee information to be edited or submitted at once. More benefits of utilizing Paychex Flex include developing quick reports such as payroll statistics. Paychex Flex is a good tool to administer payroll for your company.

Puntos a favor

Paychex Flex is an online software that human resources personnel can utilize for payroll. Paychex Flex has various subscriptions that company's can select depending on the types of features. Paychex Flex offers an employee dashboard that requires an username, password, and pin number. Paychex Flex allows users to disburse amounts of funds to contractors, employees, vendors, and sponsors. Paychex Flex offers tools, tutorials, and customer support related to the online library and overall application.

Puntos en contra

Paychex Flex requires a new verification code upon logging into the dashboard. Users listed in the Paychex Flex may not be deleted depending on administrative rights to complete such an action. Paychex Flex may provide usernames and passwords to administrators and not employees, thus employees may not be able to update time card electronically. Paychex Flex allows time card adjustments to be made by the administrator. Paychex Flex allows payroll adjustments to be made by the administrator.

Devon D. Devon D.
  • Sector: Internet

Publicado el 28/5/2020

PayChex Flex is not that flexible.

Intuit should concede with their payroll platform and buy paychex, and paychex should enhance their integration and modernize the platform to something more agile like quickbooks. Employees should be able to onboard easier just as if they were buying something on Amazon. All of the 3rd party vendors that seem to be value added services are just more portals and passwords needing to be centralized.

Puntos a favor

When it works and the overloaded staff can actually assist you, it is an absolutely awesome service. I have used PayChex since about 2015. Back in the day my first representative was the absolute most amazing advisor and gave me confidence when speaking with her because I could tell she knew her job. Over time as we added more states and switched companies, our SUI numbers became switched, bank accounts and invoicing was not aligned.

Puntos en contra

Besides the reports that you are inundated with, the platform feels like it can actually perform, but truthfully it is pitiful java platform. The two factor auth is great but gets on my nerves and the fact that you cannot integrate with other identity providers or into your actual backoffice systems is a shame.

Amy S. Amy S.
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Publicado el 26/7/2018

Paychex Flex is a robust payroll solution that can accommodate almost any payroll need.

Puntos a favor

Together with the company's team of payroll specialists, Paychex Flex is an effective payroll solution for small and large companies alike. As administrator for a small company, I appreciate having permissions to manage my company's staff in the tool while allowing the payroll specialist from Paychex to key in the biweekly payroll data. This delegation of duties gives me control over the the job functions that are most important to me.

The General Ledger integration with QuickBooks Online is configurable and works well once set up to meet your business needs. The 3rd party integrator's staff is professional and diaplays an expert knowledge of both Paychex Flex and Quickbooks.

What I like most about Paychex Flex is that our tax returns and payments at the Federal level and for most states are done for us automatically.

Puntos en contra

The browser interface is unattractive and not always self explanatory. The client id, which is needed on all email correspondence with your payroll specialist and is displayed on the banner at the top of the screen, cannot be copied and pasted into emails.

The filter feature on the Person screen doesn't work consistently, and I frequently have to reapply the same filter so that only active staff appear.

Online help for the software can be misleading or inaccurate. After following instructions for 1) giving access to staff and 2) adding a new state for withholdings, without success, I learned from my payroll specialist that I didn't have the ability to perform either task through the software.

Joshua E. Joshua E.
  • Sector: Construcción

Publicado el 6/10/2020

BIG DECISION

Overall, the experience has been neutral. I do have a good payroll account manager. However, Paychex does promote these positions very rapidly. It seems like any time I am assigned a knowledgeable payroll account manager, they are promoted. This leads me to have concerns regarding the consistency of reliable customer support.

Puntos a favor

I like the general ease of use that this software offers. I have had favorable experiences with my current payroll account manager.

Puntos en contra

There are often times glitches that can cause issues with payroll deductions. It is crucial to double and triple check your PRINTED COPY prior to submitting each payroll.

ADP Comprehensive Services
Debbie H. Debbie H.
  • Sector: Servicios de información

Publicado el 29/6/2018

Love the Ease if Online Benefit Administration

Survey software is not something that I usually recommend.

Puntos a favor

The best thing about this software is that I can do everything I need to do on my computer or mobile phone at any time of the day or night. The application is very easy to access and I administer payroll, 401k, health, dental and vision benefits, FSA and employee additions/changes over the application. Almost every service I utilize through Paychex is on this application. Invaluable! If I'm out of town I can still submit payroll! WOW! What a game changer Paychex Flex has been! The old way of doing business is out the window with Paychex Flex replacing it in a very positive way!

Puntos en contra

There is a couple of items that I would like to see enhanced. In people, I would like the ability to always pull up my preferred view of employees without having to click on the apply button. My preferred view is saved but will not display until I click on apply. Second, on the people drop down menu from the upper right corner, I would like the ability to select that view as well. When that drop down is selected I get all the employees that have ever been entered into the Paychex database - terminated and active. I want to be able to display just the active employees in that drop down. These are just enhancement requests that in no way affect the valuable pros of the application. The items in the cons are just "nice to haves".

Justine C. Justine C.
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria

Publicado el 21/1/2020

Payroll

Payroll, Admin for Employees keeping records.

Puntos a favor

The system was friendly to use and easier to do payroll when you were ready.
There wasn't constant updates every day and you were assigned a representative to assist you with any issues.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes you run into an issues and your representative is out of the office you may get someone else who is not aware of the issue.

Razones para cambiar a Paychex Flex

At the time Paychex was more reasonable than the others.
Kenneth I. Kenneth I.
  • Sector: Minería y metalurgia

Publicado el 25/5/2021

Paychex Flex review

Excellent experience deliver on their product have to be careful they raise prices after initial period check on them frequently

Puntos a favor

Payroll features and time management tools are easy to use and simple to implement. There is always a payroll specialist available when needed

Puntos en contra

Reports are sometimes difficult to generate to many options can be confusing to find exactly what you need without a payroll specialist

Sarah R. Sarah R.
  • Sector: Servicios de información

Publicado el 27/7/2019

A little Wonky to Navigate

Puntos a favor

It is convenient for small businesses and employees who work from home or don't have one check in location. It has some nice features for checking how many hours have been working if you are actually clocking in and out from the site itself. Once you actually figure things out and have your account set up, it's conveniently all right there in front of you to see what your sick time is, clock in/out, etc.
It keeps all your info from your previous jobs that have used the site PLUS holds your tax info conveniently for you, which is quite handy.

Puntos en contra

It's pretty difficult to navigate. A lot of the site doesn't really explain where to go or what to do so you kind of just have to poke around it until you figure things out. I guess it's kind of typical for sites like this. It's also kind of nightmare to get your log in info if you lose it, so just don't. You get locked out after 3 tries and then have to call the help desk and it turns into a pretty complicated ordeal. Conveniently though, the site log in remembers your info though. There is a LOT of maintenance, constantly and when you get messages in your inbox, they never seem to go away, but that's just nit-picky stuff that's not really important.

Peter G. Peter G.
  • Sector: Sector pesquero

Publicado el 10/3/2019

A great asset to have when running and business.

Puntos a favor

The software itself allows me to eliminate the need for a time clock for my employees. They are able to have the app installed on their company issued smartphones and log in with their fingerprint access on the phone (which the app supports) and can clock into work in no time. They also have the availability to request time off, check vacation, sick and personal balances, view pay stubs and a ton of other features geared toward self help for the employee. This software saves me money so that I do not have to pay someone to sit and calculate all of the different times and payroll sheets. I would be lost without Paychex Flex.

Puntos en contra

The app can be a little slow at times. They also schedule down time on the overnight hours until 530am when most of our work does begin before that. It is a simple fix as I can enter staffs time manually when needed. You also need to trust your employees to punch in and out when they actually show up to a job site and not while driving home.

Matthew H. Matthew H.
  • Sector: Hostelería

Publicado el 7/6/2017

Excellent company top to bottom

Puntos a favor

Paychex has been top-notch for over five years, when I switched to them from another payroll company. I operate a small seasonal business with about 10 employees, and from the beginning I have received all the support that I need for my payroll and tax responsibilities, and at a more reasonable rate than I was paying before. I deal with one single payroll specialist every week (unless she is on vacation or something), which I love, and if she is unavailable the fill-in specialists have been able to take care of my payroll, which is not quite standard, without any issues. The website took a little getting used to initially, but I download my reports from there every week, quarter, and year, and everything is easy to find and use. I couldn't recommend Paychex more highly, at least for any business such as mine.

Puntos en contra

If anything, I feel that it would be good to consider a website review and edit - I do not have anything specific to offer in terms of what to change, but it did seem a little confusing the first few times using it. I don't have any issues now, but admittedly I only log on to do the same thing (download the report) each week, quarter, and year.

Anthony A. Anthony A.
  • Sector: Juegos de azar y casinos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1,001-5,000 empleados

Publicado el 15/6/2021

Great Software

overall you get more for your buck with Paychex than other software's like ADP or UltiPro (UKG)

Puntos a favor

You get one dedicated representative for all your payroll issues. Also, processing payroll is easier.

Puntos en contra

The standard reporting function does not allow you run custom reports. You need to pay for custom reports.

Usuario verificado

Publicado el 5/6/2018

I have worked with Paychex for HR and Payroll purposes.

We were able to reduce storage of paper statements that were never picked up. We were able to increase employee morale by giving our employees the ability to see their own data and make time off requests on their own.

Puntos a favor

The user friendly approach within the Employee Online Access. We had employees that were afraid to go paperless with pay statements but with a little training everyone began utilizing the system. I liked the time and attendance module which allowed employees to see their own timesheets and administratiors to make corrections/update their staff timesheets and approve prior to payroll processing.

Puntos en contra

I disliked the fact that the payroll module didn't link directly with time and attendance, we had thought that what was done in time and attendance regarding time off balances would automatically feed to payroll and reflect on our employees pay statements. But we found out that we had to do adjustments in both windows to ensure it matched.

1,083 opiniones