Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre Wave Accounting

Online accounting software that provides features including invoicing, billing, payment tracking, payroll management, finance management, credit card processing, and receipt scanning. Wave Accounting is designed to help businesses...

Saber más

Evaluaciones de función

Consulta las opiniones sobre Wave Accounting

1,145 de 1,145 opiniones
Ordenar por:
Josh C. Josh C.
  • Sector: Diseño

Publicado el 5/8/2021

Awesome free accounting online software for your business that is super professional!

There is very little more I can ask for with Wave for my small business. It is free for the features I need and allows me to take only ACH or credit card payments with a reasonable fee and I only pay the fixed percentage when I use those features so I can just turn it off and get a check from a client and not pay anything. Great Flexibility!

Puntos a favor

Its free for small businesses that just need a good business accounting software! You can take ACH and CC payments if you want and turn them off on invoices you don't want it on. The rates are reasonable enough for using these services. The reports are easy enough for doing taxes. It's awesome and cheap for those that are one man shows or freelancers.

Puntos en contra

The thing that is the most annoying is when you want to do a recurring billing. It doesn't use something like Maintenance contract #1 then go to #2 or something like that it makes recurring billing invoice names that were the most recent of any invoices. Maybe I am not using it correctly, but each time I have to go and change invoice names then manually send it to the client.

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

I originally chose Wave as it was free. Now I just love it and it works well for me so no reason to even look somewhere else.
Henry C. Henry C.

Publicado el 23/9/2021

Excellent for freelancers and small businesses

Extremely positive. In 3+ years I don't think I've had to contact support once, nor have I ever considered switching to other tools. It is one of the few software tools I use regularly where I am happy to open it, and I'm happy to give them their percentage.

As a freelancer, Wave has been indispensable to me. Always simple and smooth, and exceptional bang for the buck. Not only would I recommend Wave to freelancers and small businesses, I have recommended it. Numerous times.

Puntos a favor

Wave is ideal for freelancers. Set up is really simple and the interface is user-friendly. I have zero background in financial matters, and with Wave that's totally fine.

The price is also right. There's no subscription or hidden fees, they just take a perfectly reasonable percentage from invoice payments. I asked a financial advisor friend of mine before signing up, and she was pleasantly surprised by the low rates, and told me to go for it. I've been using Wave for over 3 years, and I have never once been hit with a fee outside of the basic rates.

Wave also provides a host of reporting and tracking tools in this basic account. They didn't influence my decision to sign up, but they've proven to be very useful.

And finally a small but really helpful feature, especially if you're a freelancer just starting out: immediate money transfers. Once someone pays your invoice, the money is in Wave, and takes 2-3 days to transfer. For 1% more payment, you can transfer money within minutes. For the cash-strapped freelancer, that can be mana from heaven.

Puntos en contra

There are no major cons that I can think of. One issue I have is mostly my fault: When I first started using Wave I didn't know what I was doing, and I ended up creating a whole bunch of client and work type records unnecessarily. It would be nice if there were some more in-your-face tutorials, maybe some hover tips for new users. But the messiness is mainly from me leaping in before looking.

Zoho Expense y Quickbooks Online

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

It was the cheapest option, and the most user-friendly looking. I have no background in finance and didn't want complex features built for accountants - Wave has those features, but only if you want them.
  • Sector: Ocio, viajes y turismo
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

Publicado el 17/11/2021

Great Software. Super Affordable.

Puntos a favor

For a small business, or probably even a larger one, it's a really great software with all of the accounting and billing basics needed, and it's basically free. The online payment system works really well for getting payments from clients. They can either pay with a credit card or ACH, which is great. You can turn off credit card payments too if you don't want to have a fee taken from your payments, which I also find as a nice feature. The invoices look very professional, can be white-labeled, so it just has your branded information on it. The invoices are also really easy to make. We had been trying to use Excel as an accounting system when we first started our small business, and found Wave soon after. It was a huge upgrade, and not very expensive. The reports are great, and it's easy to track expenses and monies brought in. It solved all of our accounting needs as a small website building business.

Puntos en contra

The one thing we really think can be improved are the recurring invoices. It doesn't make the invoice numbers in order based on that client's invoices, so they're oddly out of order. It's not a huge deal, but would be much better if it kept the invoice numbers specific to each set of clients.

Las mejores alternativas a Wave Accounting

Josh R. Josh R.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5,001-10,000 empleados

Publicado el 7/6/2015

I want to like Wave, and have been trying for years

..., but I need them to help me figure it out. I have a full-time salaried job as a copywriter and a few self-employment careers, like freelance writing, voice acting. I've always found doing my taxes to be a nightmare. I'd spend months stressing about it and trying to calculate income and expenses. Originally, I was adding up all my expenses with a calculator. When I discovered I could put things into Excel, it got a bit easier add numbers. And then about 4 or 5 years ago, I started using a new accountant, and he suggested Wave to me. I was excited to hear that it would important my bank and credit card statements, and that I could then quickly and easily categorize everything. I was sure this would save me so much time and stress. But I found Wave very hard to use. I wasn't sure how to create my own categories. I could never tell if my statements had been uploaded completely, and I would often wind up with duplicate transactions. And I still can't find a way to view the categories after I've allocated transactions to them. I tweeted to Wave a lot, and they were nice enough to send one their IT guys to sit with me in a coffee shop for a few hours. He watched as I tried to do things and he gave me help. He said this was useful to him, to see what people might be having trouble with. And, I figured I would then be ok. But I'm still having a lot of trouble. I'm not asking a lot. All I want to be able to do is import my bank statements and credit card statements, and categorize all the transactions. And being able to invoice people would be nice too. And it seems that his app has those features. But I still find it very complicated. I don't understand the categories. I can't find where the totals are. And lately, my mbna Mastercard has been saying it can't link to Wave. So tonight, I went in and started deleting all the transactions from 2014, hoping that I could start fresh and be sure that everything was imported correctly. But now I see that mbna won't give me the data files for before August (that's an mbna problem, not Wave) and I can't undelete what I deleted. And there's no way to get support without paying for it. But I don't want to pay until I'm confident the site can do the simple things I need it to do. Anyway, I'd love to support a local Toronto company. And I appreciate that someone from the company sat with me in person. And I see people reviewing positively, saying it makes a freelancers life easy. Someone even tweeted today that Wave makes doing accounting fun. But I just don't understand how people are able to use this site. If someone from the company, or one of the satisfied customers, could explain to me how to use this site properly, I'd love to be converted. But at this point, I fear I need to cut my loses and simplify my life by paying for some other software. I just want to be able to file my taxes and concentrate on my creative projects.

Puntos a favor

It seems like it offers the ability to import credit card and bank statements, categorize expenses, and invoice people. Those are the features I want. But...

Puntos en contra

...I haven't been able to figure out how to smoothly and accurately use the features I want. This app is making my life harder than it was when I just manually typed in all my expenses into a Microsoft Word and added them up with a calculator.

Respuesta de Wave Accounting Inc.

Thanks for sharing with us your experience. Firstly, thanks for being such a valuable customer over the years. We especially appreciate your patience trying to make WaveApps work for your financials.

We have available Premium Support for customers who are getting started with Wave. We suggest those looking to best learn work arounds, and setting up proper customizations subscribe to our chat and phone support (unlimited - 9am-5pm EDT M-F) - $49 for three months. You can place a call and speak to one of our product specialists to help you work through your challenge.

If you could reach out to me [email protected] We'll try to match you with a member of our team to help troubleshoot since you have invested your valuable time into Wave to manage your business financials.

Jennifer from Wave

Respondido el 2/9/2015
Kari G. Kari G.
  • Sector: Recursos Humanos

Publicado el 9/5/2021

I LOVE Wave!

Overall, I highly recommend Wave if you are running a business and want low costs and an easy way to manage your finances. My business is simple and Wave makes it so much easier for me to stay on top of things and know where I need to focus my energy.

Puntos a favor

I have been using Wave since around 2015 and my books were a mess when I first began because I was doing them (not my strength) and once I heard about Wave's bookkeeping services, I couldn't believe how affordable they were. It's super easy to set up and use, run reports and know about your financials. I tried switching to QB for about 1 month and hated it, so I switched back. Lesson learned and I'm sticking around!

Puntos en contra

One thing I had to get used to was because I had my bank account connected and until the month is reconciled, when a invoice is paid I mark it paid and then the 'payment' comes in again from banking. It was easy to catch and now my Wave bookkeeper keeps all that reconciled. Thank you!

FreshBooks y Quickbooks Online

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

I chose Wave because of a family recommendation and how easy it was for me to set up an account and get things moving. The others may have changed, but I still recommend Wave to anyone who is looking for an easy & affordable way to get their business going.
Andrew R. Andrew R.
  • Sector: Materiales de construcción
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

Publicado el 5/8/2021

Perfect book keeping and invoicing Software

I have had a wonderful experience using Wave Accounting and have encountered no problems at all.

Puntos a favor

The fact that this software is 100% free and includes the aspects that are most critical to my business is why I give this such a high rating. The interface is easy to use and getting the system setup and all data input is a breeze. Wave has made my life so much easier and has taken hours of paperwork off of the table. Easy, convenient, reliable, absolutely affordable!

Puntos en contra

It does not keep track of inventory or scheduling jobs, but this was not a huge factor for me because I use an old fashioned appointment book and for all of the other free features it’s definitely worth it.

Jeff M. Jeff M.
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 31/3/2021

Great Invoicing and Payment platform, But Not for Full Bookkeeping & Financial Management

I take Wave for its good point and have since 2015, and excellent billing, invoicing and payment processing system. It has added value through its Wave Money expansion as well. I don't fault this system for not being a quality bookkeeping platform, it is what it is and I still recommend it to clients and colleagues all the time.

Puntos a favor

This system has a really full featured billing and invoicing system that I have used for years and would recommend to any small business.

Puntos en contra

This system is not cut out for bookkeeping. Innovation attempts create confusion and many basic reporting features are either excluded or lost value because of the report structure and lack of customization.

FreshBooks, Quickbooks Online y Xero

Razones para elegir Wave Accounting

Many of my clients had trouble making payments with Paypal and the invoicing with Paypal and Square were less than ideal.

PayPal, PayPal Here y Square Payments

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

Waveapps is the best solution, both because it really does offer a great billing and invoicing system, but its payment platform has only gotten better over the years.
Jonathan M. Jonathan M.
  • Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Publicado el 12/11/2021

Easy to Use, comparable pricing to others

For what I use it for (invoicing and taking credit card information) it's fantastic. It is simple and easy to use, and with a couple of additions, I would make it my primary payment provider.

Puntos a favor

Very very easy to use, especially compared to something like Stripe, which is perhaps more advanced. Wave is incredibly user friendly, easily connects with my bank accounts, and I love that I can use Zaps to create invoices rapidly as well as take enter credit card information easily.

Puntos en contra

A feature like PayPal buttons would be nice. That's the only reason I keep Paypal and don't make the total switch to Wave.

MoonClerk, PayPal, Square Payments y Stripe

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

Ease of use. Straight up, it's incredibly simple and easy to use, and with plenty of Zapier integrations it fits seamlessly into my business.
Leah E. Leah E.
  • Sector: Contabilidad
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

Publicado el 21/8/2021

So easy to use!

Puntos a favor

I love how easy WAVE is to implement and maintain. Reports are quick and easy to generate and provide everything I need.

Puntos en contra

I wish the homepage was my dashboard instead of their sales screen.

Lila S. Lila S.
  • Sector: Redacción y edición
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 3/11/2021

Great all-in-one accounting

An amazing (and free) all-in-one software for small businesses for invoicing, accounting, and tracking business expenses and income!

Puntos a favor

Creating custom invoices, tracking expenses and income, transferring funds, and keeping your records organized is so easy.

Puntos en contra

I had problems connecting my business banking account to the platform for almost two weeks, but it somehow resolved itself and I was able to do so. Otherwise, no complaints!

Spencer I. Spencer I.
  • Sector: Fotografía
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de un año

Publicado el 31/8/2021

Very powerful free features with the option to purchase high-quality premium services!

I am very impressed with Wave Accounting. Their free products aren't skimpy or limiting, but are actually very full and would likely not be free from another service provider! Wave's premium offerings are extensive as well. Overall, I've found that Wave Accounting is perfect for a wide target audience including small businesses, sole proprietors, independent contractors and freelancers, or people looking to take their invoicing, accounting, payment collecting, etc. to anything beyond their basic capacity and limitations. Highly recommend to a broad audience needing such services.

Puntos a favor

Wave Apps software features not only very beautiful interfaces for their products' dashboard, but the platform is at once very feature-heavy and thoughtfully well designed. The aesthetically-pleasing graphics for content such as cash flow, profit and loss, and expense breakdowns on the primary dashboard are sharp and clean in addition to being so helpfully data-driven, and all that is just on the landing page. As you navigate through categories of sales, purchases, accounting, banking, you experience how well-constructions the pages are for options within each section including sales, purchases, accounting, etc. I love just how many of the feature-heavy options are completely *FREE.* Wave Apps offers select premium services, such as Wave Advisors and bookkeeping, even business insurance with "NEXT," while offering things such as accounting, invoicing , etc. free of charge. It's an excellent product for anyone looking for a beautiful interface, but also wanting lots of features without needing to immediately spend money for quality products.

Puntos en contra

So many elements within Wave are intuitively navigable and to use with simple data entry. One area that was a little more challenging for me to set up with the chart of accounts section in the accounting area of the interface. It's so nice that it's deeply customizable, but the challenge was that it took me a little extra time to understand and knowledgeably input the data of my assets, liabilities/credits, income, expenses, equity. This is something that would be challenging for anyone not familiar with basic accounting on any software, so I probably would've benefitted from a few "help" pop-ups/set-up assistance here than perhaps some other areas. Where my limitations with setup start is however where Wave's premium products with bookkeeping and accounting are so valuable to the user. There are many great pop-up notices throughout the platform that inform you about new features of ways to most effectively use Wave Apps features, which is great, and of course, they're complete with beautiful graphics.

Proinsias M. Proinsias M.
  • Sector: Medios online

Publicado el 3/3/2021

Wave Accounting is great for a Startup Business

I was very happy with the invoicing, payments, and the Design and functionality. I was able to search past transactions very easily. I did not pay for premium support, but the support that I recieve is excellent.

Puntos a favor

It was free to use the accounting services
I was able to invoice customers using Stripe as a Payment Gateway which was great value
The Design and User Interface is very professional compared to others that I have seen
The Payment Gateway was also very professional when sent to customers, it added to the credibility of the business

Puntos en contra

My particular Bank would not allow me to sync my account with Wave, but that was a local issue not a general issue.
I was very very happy with the invoicing. but I always felt that the ledger views were not as robust.

Sage 100cloud y Zoho Expense

Razones para elegir Wave Accounting

The functionality that I really needed was free and I was very happy with that.

Sage 100cloud y Zoho Expense

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

It was really cost, efficiency, and user interface. It looked good from the customer side and that was important for me.
Cheikh B. Cheikh B.
  • Sector: Software informático

Publicado el 12/1/2021

Good accounting software

The speed with which the credit cards were processed automatically saved me a lot of time.

Puntos a favor

This is a very complete software that allows you to build quotes and convert them into invoices in a fraction of a second without much effort.

Wave is excellent especially when it comes to credit card processing which is done automatically with a very low 1% fee.

It is very easy to set up and use and the cost is low or even free. Personally, I recommend buying this package because it comes with support: from setting up your account to the specific categories for your company .

The other advantage of Wave is the presence of a number of applications to send invoices when you are away from your workplace.

So even when you're away from home you can download them. In this case, all you have to do is take the photo on the spot.

Puntos en contra

The problem on the Wave software is not so numerous, but we notice that it is impossible to close a period correctly.

All members who are able to make transactions have the possibility to change or add entries from the previous year.

For me an administrator must have the ability to close a period so that no changes are made. User growth is also very limited.

The lack of audit trails for transaction entries is also a case of imperfection at Wave . Admittedly, it is possible to generate transactions, then generate reports, then cancel the transactions, etc.

But there is no proof that these changes are made yes or no, because the software is unable to remember its categorizations.

The keyword search function is absent from Wave in the transactions section and sometimes it makes us lose a lot of time.

Zoho Books

To test another software

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

Because Wave is free and easy to use accounting software
Michael M. Michael M.
  • Sector: Música
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Publicado el 20/11/2020

Wave Was/Is My Go To From QB Online

My overall experience has been great! I have to do some thinking/remembering at tax time to separate the double entries of income. I show an invoice paid by check WAVE shows that income on my account. I go to the bank and deposit, there is that check again. For the total amount of money saved, around $450-500, I will put up with it.

Puntos a favor

It is FREE in the cloud, works on ALL platforms Windows 7,10, Android, iphones. Accepts all credit cards including Amex for 2.9% I am saving $420+ yearly by not having QB, I don't have to print invoices. Since WAVE is in the cloud I email my invoices and receipts.

Puntos en contra

I wish it had more storage of customer service that has been performed in the past but I suspect that would require some expense. It only had 3 invoice templates and there wasn't much customization on those. You can't compound taxes on your invoices, let me rephrase, you can compound 1 tax but no more. Since my only taxes are State and County I found it best to compound none for fear of forgetting which one I had compounded

NolaPro

Razones para elegir Wave Accounting

Quickbooks Online wasn't as good as the desktop version but as long as Windows 10 is still under construction I won't chance having another desktop version made unusable due to another Windows 10 "update". I don't need to be concerned about it anymore now that I have WAVE!

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

Wave had a more complete suite of the tools I needed that were familiar to me from my experience with Quickbooks
Brooke B. Brooke B.
  • Sector: Diseño

Publicado el 26/8/2020

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business Checking & Savings. CapitalOne is going through some changes so I don't blame Wave too much but manually uploading bank statements every month is a hassle. Though I love Spark, I'm hopefully that Wave's banking that is coming soon will be a good future solution. I love Wave for everything else. It's the most rounded and affordable solution for my small business finances.

Puntos a favor

It's everything I need in one place. As a small business, Wave is the best solution for me. I can invoice my clients for free, and easily keep my finances up-to-date making tax season worry free.

Puntos en contra

Wave no longer integrates with CapitalOne Spark Business accounts, so I have to manually upload two bank statements every month into Wave; One for my checking and one for my savings account, both of which are Spark.

Zoho Expense, PayPal y QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Razones para elegir Wave Accounting

Quickbooks is too expensive and more difficult to use. Wave is a miracle.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Sutra B. Sutra B.
  • Sector: Ocio, viajes y turismo

Publicado el 7/5/2020

Excellent for the start-up to small company!

So far it has been a good experience overall. I haven’t had any issues. I haven’t had very much interaction with customer service other than the initial consultation Coach and the vetting process situation.

Puntos a favor

Love this product because of the cost! Free! So many great tools that it offers to include invoicing. You can create all of your own products and services and include your terms & Conditions. Clients can pay directly from the invoice. You can get paid the same day if you attach your business card to your account. It has a payroll feature as well for an additional charge. I love the fact that the reporting is so simple and easy to read. I would highly recommend purchasing this set up package. It comes with consultations and assistance to work through all the process of setting up your account and different categories specific to your business. It was definitely worth the extra money spent. I also like the fact that there are apps available to send invoices if you are away from the office. Also, you can upload receipts directly from wherever you are by simply taking a picture and categorizing it on the spot. No more having to deal with Receipts in the shoebox LOL.

Puntos en contra

On the Invoicing I wish there was an option to add tipping. Our clients like to add a tips for our service and while Square offers this feature, Wave does not. There was a weird vetting process that nobody told me about and at first I thought it was a scam and I didn’t reply. But then I confirmed with the consultant I had been working with and they verified that this was in fact something that I had to go through. It seemed kind of sketchy at first, but it had validity with regards to the financial process.

Suzanne R. Suzanne R.
  • Sector: Fotografía

Publicado el 24/1/2020

Wave error messed up my entire system and they want to charge me $3000 to fix it

It was good while it lasted, before their system made my data unusable. They really tried to be helpful, I chatted with several friendly people online, all of whom were unable to resolve my issues. They were unable to refer me to a WaveApps specialist in my area. Ultimately their solution was to offer me one of their bookkeepers at a cost of $3000 to fix the problem they created. No thanks.

Puntos a favor

It was wonderfully easy to use, the invoices looked professional and payment processing features were handy.

Puntos en contra

TLDR: Major syncing, reconciling and support issues

Two of my accounts synced twice (so I had four accounts in Wave where there should have been two) and they were unable to fix this. Their suggested fixes did not work. They have chat and email support but no phone support and even though they logged in as an admin they were unable to fix this problem.
A recent update to their system caused my entire past four years of records to be unreconciled, and the only fix was to go back to the beginning of time and compare each transaction ever made.
They offered me a bookkeeper to do this for me for $269/month for a minimum of 12 months, despite my being very diligent about keeping my account up to date for the past four years.

I have switched to another system now.

FreshBooks y QuickBooks Payroll

Razones para elegir Wave Accounting

I wanted to be able to send invoices and have everything be tracked automatically.

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

Essentially an acquaintance was using waveapps and it looked like it would be great.
  • Sector: Consultoría de gestión
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

Publicado el 11/1/2020

Great Free Accounting Tool

We use it for multiple businesses and a non-profit as we are a small cluster of social enterprises that work hand in hand with each other. We are really enjoying working with this software and it has helped us tremedously, all while not costing us a penny!

Puntos a favor

On the positive side, this software's functionality is almost up to par with other options that cost a lot of money. Wave is free and for that price what they offer is unbeatable. It is a fully featured accouting software, as it is a web app, it means multiple people can use it simultaniously and it also works great for a virtual team. I like that it is made with non-accountants in mind. For example, when entering transactions there are "Accounts" - but these are only Accounts as a nun-accountant will understand: Cash, Bank, Owners Investment etc. - everything else is called "Categories". This makes it easier for someone not too versed in finances to understand - but behind the scenes Categories are Accounts, just like they always were (e.g. Office Supply Expense Account) - small and simple changes like this make it very easy to use even for a financial analphabet. Two mobile apps compliment the accounting software, one for writing invoices on the go, the other for scanning and (auto)recording expense receipts.

Puntos en contra

On the downside, and this can be a big one, you are not able to properly close a period. This means anyone with permission to enter transactions can go and change entries from last year, or add some. This can make things really messy and I hope they add a function where an administrator can close a period such as a month, so that no more changes can be made. Further, you can add other users, but the type of users are quite limited. I wish this could be controlled on a more granular level, e.g. there is the option to add a 'viewer' who cannot edit anything. The next level is somoene who can enter all types of transactions (you can turn of access to bank entries and writing invoices) but it would be nice if there was one where I can let someone add receipts with the mobile app but not do anything else.

Corinne P. Corinne P.
  • Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte

Publicado el 7/12/2019

Satisfied daily user since 2015

I'm a sole proprietor of a service-based clinic, and I sell a very small amount of retail product (less than $500 per year). I use Wave to generate customer invoices, track payments, organize expense receipts, calculate taxes payable, and run reports. The app does allow for a "Personal" account which I do not currently use to my advantage but I plan to incorporate that into daily use next year to help keep better track of my overall financial situation.

Puntos a favor

Wave is free to use which makes it excellent for my small business. It has an app to facilitate easy upload of receipts for my expenses. Being cloud-based enables me to access my accounting from my clinic or my home office (or on the go) with ease in real-time. It syncs with my RBC account to import my transactions and is very user-friendly.
Customer service is friendly and responsive.

Puntos en contra

My complaints about this software are very minor. There is an option to "save and send" invoices by email with a single mouse click, but to print the invoices takes three clicks.
My other complaint is that there is no simple Customer Statement to print. The Customer Statement that is available shows every transaction posted, so for most of my clients there will be three entries for each visit to my clinic; one invoice date, one copay payment, and one insurance payment applied. I would prefer to be able to generate this statement showing a list which includes ONLY the invoice date and total amount charged.
They are very minor complaints. I am quite pleased with this product.

• Sector: Consultoría de gestión

Publicado el 3/12/2019

Wonderful accounting software for starting and growing a service business

I haven't gone through a tax season with my business yet, but I have been an independent consultant and I anticipate having everything tracked in Wave is going to help me out a lot come April. It's so easy to use and I can focus on my core business rather than spending a lot of time on admin.

Puntos a favor

Wave helps me do so much. I can issue invoices, track them (I.e. I can see when a client has viewed it!), and allow clients to make payments directly through the invoice. I can also customize my invoice, which is great. I could do all of this from day 1. I'm a solopreneur and launched my business this summer. I was able to issue professional invoices from day 1 and track my expenses using their receipts app. The other thing I love about Wave is that they are very interested in feedback from their customers. I've had a few interactions with them and it's always been really pleasant. It's also free which helps me out a lot. I do use the credit card payments, which has a fee like any other service would.

Puntos en contra

Their mobile app could use some work, and I've given them this feedback. The receipts app is great to take pictures really quickly, but I generally have to use the browser to do anything else.

FreshBooks y Quickbooks Online

Razones para elegir Wave Accounting

I needed something professional and long term.

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

The core software was pricey and I could have easily used Word and Excel and if I wanted a 'free' option. I also didn't need all the bells and whistles, so paying so much for this service didn't make sense for me.
Felix J. Felix J.
  • Sector: Contabilidad
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5,001-10,000 empleados

Publicado el 2/9/2019

A Solid Free Small Business Accounting Software

It’s been a solid piece of cloud accounting software, albeit limited. It’s hard to beat the price of it, and I have yet to find a similar but more fully featured one at the price of FREE!

Puntos a favor

I use Wave to keep track of my personal finances, from income to spending. In that lens, Wave performs quite well, allowing you to tag transactions that are automatically imported from your bank. It also lets you generate some simple reports such as your income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow. The interface is simple to use and understand, and I was able to pick it up (coming from an accounting background) in under a few minutes, without having gone through a walkthrough. The included ability to reconcile statements is also quite handy and allows me to verify that all transactions are posted appropriately. The inclusion of receipt tracking and tagging is also quite handy!

The best part about Wave is the price! If you don’t need features such as invoicing and payroll (some SMB’s may find these handy. From a personal perspective, I did not), the accounting software is completely free.

Puntos en contra

Wave still appears to be in its infancy, although the product has been there for a while. The user interface will frequently be updated (the reconciliation flow changed 3 times since I signed up about 6 months ago), and new features will constantly be added without any notification, often shifting often things around from where you expect them to be.

The reports from Wave are also very limited, so don’t expect any customizable reports as of 08/2019. You get about 12 reports total, some or all of which may not be very relevant to you, depending on your end goal. These reports are completely canned, system generated, and you do not have the ability to create new reports. This may change in the future, but as it stands, this is the current state of affairs.

The receipt tracking feature is definitely handy to have. While Wave will OCR your receipts and tag them to a category, it will actually post an entire transaction to the ledger when you save it down. For those of us with a bank account and credit card linked to auto import transactions, you’ll get a duplicate: one from the CC, and one from the receipt. It would be nice if Wave included some intelligence to automatically match the receipt and transaction together, but for now, you need to manually merge each.

Finally, as a small point, Wave does not obtain any service assurance through SOC1 or SOC2 reports, an issue that most people wouldn’t ever care about.

Xero

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

I mostly chose Wave over Xero for the price. As I’m using this for personal finance tracking, and not a small business, I didn’t want to have to pay Xero’s rather pricy monthly subscription.
Clay A. Clay A.
  • Sector: Hostelería

Publicado el 5/8/2019

Exactly what I want in a small business accounting software

Very stress free. For a free app, you expect the quality to not be as high, but overall Wave has been very reliable. I didn't really want to pay $30+ a mo for Quickbooks when all I need is for my transactions to be categorized. Wave does this well, so glad it is free. I did use the chat once and had very good experience, although I think I saw they were disabling chat except for people that have paid for support or something, so that's a bummer. But I understand, they have to get paid somehow so I'm not complaining.

Puntos a favor

I love the simplicity. We are just a small business, so the primary purpose of using this app is to categorize all my expenses, so once tax time rolls around, I just have to send the tax lady a breakdown of my income and expenses. Once a week or so, I'll log in to check all the transactions it imported from my bank account. It auto categorizes most of them which is awesome, I just have to click the check mark button to verify it was categorized correctly. Then once tax season rolls around, I just run the income statement report and send it to the tax office. I even have created a review account for the tax lady to be able to log in and see my business finances. We are just a simple business so we probably don't use some of the more advanced features, but it does what I want and best of all, it's F-R-E-E. I do also like the payroll and invoicing options if we need that in the future, although that is unlikely for our business.

Puntos en contra

For some reason, they disabled the ability for deposits to be auto categorized. This is my most common type of bank transactions, since all credit card payments are deposited into my account a few days after they process, so I have tons of transactions I have to go manually mark as the 'Sales' category. I did talk to customer support over chat about this though, and the lady agreed this would be extremely useful so they are looking into this.

ZipBooks y QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Razones para elegir Wave Accounting

I just tried out Zipbooks, and although I was impressed, Wave just offered more for the price of free. Zipbooks only offered like 2 reports on the free plan, and I really needed the income statement report to show my categorized expenses.

ZipBooks

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

Quickbooks because they are the de-facto standard, and because I would trust their reliablility. However, I just didn't like their price. They have the deal to start off with for the first x months, but it always doubles in price after that period. If Wave didn't exist, i'd probably have gone with quickbooks or paid for Zipbooks.
Andi L. Andi L.
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Publicado el 15/5/2019

Wave Shows Me the Money!

Before I used Wave, I was behind every month on my invoicing. I hated sending invoices, and I really, REALLY hated being the Collections person, asking my clients to pay their bills. Then I found Wave, and my whole life changed. I was able to get set up super quickly, connect to my bank, add my clients' contact information, and set up the template for my invoices. Now, I have "Monthly Invoicing" on my calendar, and it takes me about 15 minutes to handle the task (instead of 2 hours). My favorite emails are, "Congrats! You Got Paid!" from Wave. I feel fantastic!

Puntos a favor

Wave has absolutely changed my business for the better. It used to take me about 2 hours a month to do my invoicing, which I hated doing, and so I avoided it. Now, I handle monthly invoicing in about 15 minutes. Plus, as new clients come in or one-off projects are completed, I can send the invoices quickly—like 5 minutes. So ease of use is absolutely the first thing I love about Wave.

Second, as a small business owner, I am in charge of acquiring new clients, executing the work, invoicing for the work, and then acting as collections when clients are late in paying. With Wave, I check a simple box that sends reminders to the client when things are past due. What a relief! It's coming from "my accounting department" rather than me. Hallelujah!

Third, the payment process is so easy for my clients! They can pay any way they want—check, credit card, bank, whatever. It's so easy for them, and I have had zero complaints.

It's also fantastic to know when clients have (or haven't) viewed the invoice. And getting the emails from Wave announcing that I've been paid are the best emails of the day.

The fact that all of this amazingness is free? That's just the icing on the cake. Thank you, Wave!

Puntos en contra

My only issue with Wave is probably a rare use-case. I manage invoicing for a client of mine. (Side note: Wave made it SO EASY for me to be an admin of her account but not the manager, and I can log into my account to access hers. It is AWESOME!) She sells programs, and her clients generally pay in one invoice. Occasionally, her clients need to pay in installments. It was not easy to set up a recurring invoice for only three months to send to the client, especially without a credit card on file. I had to create three different invoices, and label them as Installment #1, #2, etc. However, I recognize that this is probably a one-off user scenario that not many people would need. And I can't complain when the tool is free, and I found a workaround.

Invoicely

Razones para cambiar a Wave Accounting

Honestly, it seemed ridiculous to pay a monthly fee and such high service charges with ProCharge. I'm not big enough nor do I send enough invoices to justify the cost. For Invoicely, the free plan accepts PayPal payments only, so this would be difficult for many of my clients that are businesses and don't use a PayPal account. And there's no branding available. Wave just offers a perfect solution for small businesses that's free while still being robust. I love it!
Jack E. Jack E.
  • Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información

Publicado el 14/12/2018

Wave has amazing functionality for a free product, but it's not as good as it should be

I have been using Accounting by Wave for nearly three years. It was a replacement for my Simply Accounting program. I am forever wondering how Wave can afford to make such a polished product available at no cost. Initially, there were ads, but now that they have a revenue stream from additional services, the ads have been removed. I have opted not to use their in-built payment processing feature, but I imagine it would be similar to Paypal in terms of the fees. Day-to-day operation of the program is smooth. They use a Zapier interface to my bank to update balances and download transactions. This interface is quite slow, although the speed has improved somewhat over the years. As bank transactions are imported, they are categorized into various income/expense categories. I find the categorization to be fairly unhelpful. Even after the user changes the categorization of transactions, Wave does not remember these settings. The next time data is downloaded, it will use the same, incorrect categories as the previous time. Wave is currently rolling out a new version of their software, which promises improvements to the AI (artificial intelligence) capabilities. I hope this means they will remember user-defined categorizations, but until my account is updated, I cannot speculate. There is one VERY ANNOYING bug in the program that I have described in the CONS section, since I've run out of space here.

Puntos a favor

The software is FREE for everything other than PAYROLL and PAYMENT PROCESSING. If you don't use those components, there is absolutely no charge. For the most part, it is user-friendly and straightforward, and the quality of its printed invoices, customer statements and reports is top-notch. I really appreciate the ability to create recurring invoices (subscription billing) and view monthly income/expense bar charts for a 1- or 2-year period.

Puntos en contra

This is bookkeeping software that stresses simple data entry. However, it doesn't have features such as audit trails for transaction entries. With this program, it is possible to generate transactions, generate reports, and then reverse the transactions without any way of knowing that changes were made. Wave attempts to categorize your income and expenditures, but doesn't currently have the ability to remember your categorizations. But the thing I like least about this software is a BUG that causes the program to download bank transactions and incorrectly categorize them as duplicates of previously downloaded transactions if the transaction amounts match. This bug makes it difficult to find transactions when you are attempting to reconcile your transactions.

Chris K. Chris K.
  • Sector: Bienes de consumo

Publicado el 3/11/2018

Great alternative to Quickbooks for small biz users

I have two small e-commerce business, and needed a way to track my inventory purchases, sales, shipping expenses, etc. I also had two independent contractor businesses, needing to track expenses such as mileage, supplies, etc. With Wave, I have each venture as a separate company, I can customize the chart of accounts for each one, create invoices for my independent contractor gigs, track invoice status so I don't overlook if something doesn't get paid on time, and review my income and expenses each month. I sometimes do consignment sales for clients in my e-commerce business, and Wave helps me keep track of those sales and settle up with clients each month. Truly a lot of great features offered, and I don't even use all of them (like Banking & Payroll). So glad I found Wave, and I have recommended it to many others.

Puntos a favor

Wave offers a lot of the basic accounting functions needed for small business users, and the best part is that it's FREE TO USE! Woo hoo! I used QuickBooks in my previous career, and liked the detail it provided, but once I started my own small e-commerce business, I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on software, or get locked into a recurring monthly subscription. I was thrilled to find Wave and amazed that it was FREE!

Puntos en contra

I wish there was a keyword search function in the Transactions section. Sometimes I need to look for a specific transaction but don't remember the exact date it occurred, so have to scroll through several pages to find what I'm seeking. A workaround is to export an Income Statement, then search or sort in Excel, but obviously that takes several extra steps and time. But since it's not costing me anything, this is a minor inconvenience.

1,145 opiniones