Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre McAfee Endpoint Security

McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential is a multi-featured security suite, designed for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). The solution offers businesses with a wide array of functionality. A firewall helps keep hackers out of...

Saber más

Jonathan S.
  • Sector: Banca

Publicado el 20/4/2021

Excelente Solucion de Endpoint

De las ventajas que tiene es que la solución cuanta con varios componentes que aumentan la seguridad en los endpoint como son la protección web y protección avanzada.

Puntos a favor

Es bastante bueno, su nivel de detección y verificación de los eventos así como sus componentes como el exploit prevention, web control son muy buenas opciones.

Puntos en contra

Es muy bueno solo que seria bueno mejorar la cantidad de agente que utiliza la solución para cada servicio y también el consumo de recursos en algunas ocasiones.

Miguel B.
  • Sector: Dispositivos médicos

Publicado el 6/4/2021

Protección garantizada

La compañía es conocida por brindar soluciones integrales por lo que el nombre cuenta con la confianza de una buena marca

Puntos a favor

Brinda una protección muy confiable en todo momento, fácil utilización ya que cualquier usuario de conocimiento principiantes

Puntos en contra

Creo que le falta un poco más de automatización para que los usuarios poco expertos no tengas problemas con la protección de sus terminales

Amanda josalene W.
  • Sector: Ropa y moda

Publicado el 22/9/2019

Use on my main PC & Laptop for security

McAfee helped me choose their software easily by providing me with a lot of detailed information and the pros to using their service. Their free trial helped me get a feel for the software & application, and I ended up purchasing their package so I could have security I needed for my computers.

Puntos a favor

McAfee has been my main security & virus screening application on my main computer (Windows) and laptop (Apple) since I first purchased both of them. I used McAfee due to the simple user interface and the accuracy. McAfee also does rather quick screenings in the background as well, so I don’t always have to go in and manually warrant a full computer scan. I find this conviennent because it usually slips my mind to do a computer scan, especially while I am busy doing work. Having a reliable virus/security screening software like this has been incredibly important for me since I am an online worker and own an online apparel business as well, meaning I absolutely need that extra layer of security on my computers to prevent me from getting hacked, spied on, losing my information, etc. I spend a lot of time using my computers and process sales online, so I cannot afford the risk of getting a virus or having anything hacked on my computer. McAfee also has regular needed updates, so it is never outdated and never working improperly.

Puntos en contra

I don’t have cons; I haven’t had to use their customer service yet, but I have heard mainly good things from others who had to use contact their customer service for any help.

Sandesh B.
  • Sector: Entretenimiento

Publicado el 22/9/2020

Girded Web Soldier

I am using it for about 5 years with yearly subscription and It has been so overwhelming that my laptop has not been attacked or affected due to this software. The antivirus is highly secured that it blocks or deletes files in an instant and that is the best thing I have experienced with McAfee Endpoint Security.

Due to these reason, I had suggested this antivirus software to many of my friends!

Puntos a favor

I am a blogger and I like the way McAfee Endpoint Security helps me to visit secure & safe website while I surf for relevant data for my blog. It helps me even to download files or images which are safe and free from malware. It even checks my laptop for unwanted apps or trojan files which may have creeped while I spend my whole day on the Internet.

I love the way it protects my laptop, keeping me confident all day long!

Puntos en contra

I do not like the way it blocks out the website completely without saying why that page is harmful or what was the route of trojan files which managed to creep into my laptop.

Publicado el 29/3/2021

McAfee is tough customer

Overall I am more than satisfied with McAfee, I do believe that this is one of the best Security Softwares that there is out there at the moment and I strongly recommend it, especially after trying many ways to "destroy" it's Security, which were all proven impossible and made me use it myself eventually.

Puntos a favor

It basically looks impenetrable, as I came across McAfee for the first time while resolving a connection issue for one Customer. I got more and more interested in it, especially because I had to find and exploit it's weak points, but at the time I wasn't able to find any, which made me try it out ( and eventually use it daily ) on my personal laptop too.

Puntos en contra

I didn't like impossibility to find and exploit a weak point, thru which I could gain more access than I should, while solving some issues ( as Support Technician).

Crayle V.
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

Publicado el 8/2/2020

Virus protection that acts just like a virus!

Having this software installed on your computer is like volunteering to constantly be interrupted.

I don't need my anti-virus software to announce to me that its doing it's job every time it scans something. But it announces it anyway! That alone slows down my entire workflow. If I need to download 50 images in a row, I should be able to keep clicking to the next image to pull up the save menu while the previous image is being scanned. Instead, it whites out your whole browser screen to pop up the message "Scanning your download for viruses!" Other programs do that at the bottom of your screen.
I can't even go to another tab to read an e-mail or something while it scans, because it whites out EVERY TAB.

I also don't need pop-ups advertising other products on my desktop. One of the benefits of having virus protection is you're less likely to get pop-ups. Not so with McAfee!

This program also has excessive alerts, and e-mails me at least once a month with headlines that imply they're monthly summaries of the way I've the program over the month, but are actually also just ads for themselves trying to send you to their website.

Puntos a favor

I haven't gotten a virus yet, so at least it's doing the bare minimum.

Puntos en contra

It whites out my ENTIRE BROWSER SCREEN the whole time it scans a download, to let me know that it's scanning my download. It also has pop-up ads for itself and other related services, and excessive alerts that you can't seem to shut off. It basically feels like you have a virus.

Amirshahab S.
  • Sector: Construcción

Publicado el 26/2/2021

Peace of mind for small network

During several years, I used different version of MacAfee and find it a better solution for small size network or even home laptops. With MAcafee Endpoint application, there is no single point of fail. I would recommend constant backup and plenty of Ram for the main server.

Puntos a favor

It has great protection for my small network and all systems are under protection umbrellas by this software. Scheduling regular scan is easy and manual scan is easier.
The detection level and its guard is higher than free app(Like windows defender). Updating the app is so easy and reporting is available.
the interface and the main menu is also easy to work and very user friendly.

Puntos en contra

It controls the search engine and sometime changes it to standard useless Yahoo search.
it makes the boot or first startup a bit slower and one may feel total computer speed is slower. However it becomes good after some seconds

Ibrahim S.
  • Sector: Productos farmacéuticos

Publicado el 14/4/2021

McAfee a strong protection for all your devices

All in all, it is a great choice in a market full of strong competitors. Security is something not to be taken lightly and McAfee is sure to give you peace of mind.

Puntos a favor

The user interface is likable and easy, the price is mid-range and affordable. well built software and a reputable company with awards to back it up

Puntos en contra

the detection rate can give false alarms in some instances also I would highly appreciate more plans for the individual and multi-users for one and more years.

Faith G.
  • Sector: Seguros

Publicado el 15/2/2021

Data Security

It is easy to use and successfully protects us from malware and intrusions.

Puntos a favor

Firstly, it was easy to deploy in our organization and it didn't take us time to implement everything and have a secure work environment. It works seamlessly with our devices and other software that we use. It doesn't slow down our hardware demanding system but rather cleans it to have a smooth experience. It is easy to use with a self explanatory dashboard and non technical language to ensure smooth usage. It covers both data security and network security to ensure that our system is fully protected.

Puntos en contra

They need to be updating it frequently and bring in smart computer notifications that do not block content when using the computer.

Carlos benjamin G.
  • Sector: Organización de eventos

Publicado el 29/3/2020

Doesnt Escape Anything but your computer Resources

It is a great Antivirus, but it is not for everyone, for the most Expensive Antivirus you should expect Good Performance, balanced at least, but it is not.

Puntos a favor

Have never had any Issues of Viruses with MCAfee, it is really great, but ...

Puntos en contra

It take a lot of the computer Recources, sometimes (when it is checking for viruses) takes 90% of the computer Resources, It does it whenever he wants, It is hard to get to the config to change or make it stop, it is not really User Friendly.

Dwana H.
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Prueba gratis

Publicado el 11/11/2020

McAfee Endpoint Security

Endpoint Security has saved me from having to send private information twice because our computer is safe and protected. Having a software scan when it thinks there is a problem that makes my job easy. One of our remote employees sent work in and before I open it up it was scanned and a threat was detected and fixed.

Puntos a favor

I like the real-time anti-malware scanners that monitor my computer system by intercepts my file and delivering them to the scan engine, which returns a decision about whether the file is malicious. I love Endpoint detection and response and firewall reputation. It was used ten minutes after being installed it detected a threat a notified me. It is worth the money. It works on all the computers in the office.

Puntos en contra

I have nothing but praise to give this software because it protected the office computer from malware.

• Sector: Educación primaria/secundaria
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 26/1/2021

Tired of McAfee hijacking my programs

I avoid this program at all costs. I understand they have many partnerships and other companies probably get a kickback every time someone downloads their program with McAfee attached, but it's annoying. They send you constant messages to upgrade, the system will start 'cleaning your files' but then stop to tell you about purchasing another product from their company to actually solve the problem.

Puntos a favor

Not much...it provides a modicum of security for those that do not have any other options. It works as a basic security platform.

Puntos en contra

I do not like how this 'free' program continues to hijack my system...it worms its way into so many programs through the free download like a parasite. Whenever we download or purchase a program, you have to be vigilant to unclick the box that says McAfee. If you already have any other security program running, it interferes with the program, causing your computer to run slow

Michael B.
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 18/9/2020

Secure AntiVirus Software

My experience with McAfee is primarily with cellular phones and laptops, as well as home personal computers. McAfee is great to run when you find that your computer running slower than expected, and typically it will send a warning that the users needs to run a Security Check. That process is simple, just the touch of a button and answering yes or no to a few easy questions about varied findings. It has also been beneficial in assisting to locate a stolen Apple IPhone with local police, as well as locking my stolen phones to protect my family and personal information.

Puntos a favor

McAfee Endpoint Security is an easy to use antivirus/anti malware/computer locator/cell phone locator program and service which one may choose to purchase yearly subscriptions or month to month from online directly from McAfee or stores such as Best Buy. Installing a Security and Antivirus Software on ones expensive private phone, computer or tablet is very important because a computer virus can ruin a $1000 or more dollars and without running a software the consumer would neither be aware of the cause nor be able to perform the simple automated repairs, which are included in the software. It’s especially useful if your phone is lost or stolen as you can have phone locator activated and it can assist police in resolving your lost personal information and financial investment. Buying the software is much wiser than risking the common occurrence of computer malware or computer viruses, which can waste hundreds to thousands of dollars and potentially lose priceless photos, and necessary business information, as well as leave ones family and home to the potential access of vandals or criminal acts. McAfee is a sure way to Secure your online world, with passcodes and strong customer service support.

Puntos en contra

McAfee is not free. They offer a partial McAfee software program which covers basics, and most new devices offer a seven to thirty day free trial period, however once that trial period is over you must choose to pay McAfee or another Endpoint Software company else you are putting your online valuables, privacy, and workload at risk as well as the device itself potentially being ruined. It’s a shame that with cell phone companies and internet providers charging such enormous amounts that such a software is not included. The cost of another necessity in the evolutionary stage of internet and technology usage is somewhat frustrating, however relevant and necessary for optimal use of your tech products.

Sebnem V.
  • Sector: Servicios financieros

Publicado el 3/3/2020

Good protection against viruses and malwares.

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for years. The software is so successful for protecting your endpoints. If you use this software with McAfee ePO which is centralized security management software, you can easily configure, use and manage

Puntos a favor

McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the most important security software in our company. The software is so good in malware and virus protection. McAfee Endpoint Security not only protects against viruses and/or malwares but also has fabuluous functionality to repair infected files. Also, software has an excellent reporting capabilities.

Puntos en contra

The software requires a lot of RAM, because of consumption of McAfee resources is so high. Computers slow down while scanning.
Antiphishing capability is little bit poor.

• Sector: Automoción

Publicado el 9/11/2019

A Stable Solution for Security Needs.

At the time of deployment, MacAfee Endpoint Security in 2015 it was a great selection due to good price point vs feature set, they have good internal support but support by local partner was lacking.
It has very heavy foot print, and management interface increases the learning curve

Puntos a favor

We were using MacAfee Endpoint Security since 2015, providing good endpoint protection, with great functionality and features, enabling us to mitigate threats and increasing user and network uptime.
The international support is also very competent, is there when you need it. Once there was a crptoware attack on one of our pc which we disconnected from network. There international support worked with us to build a custom patch for environment, so the threat could be stopped from spreading from a single pc.

Puntos en contra

There central management interface is not the easiest of interfaces, some time one has to do too much navigation to accomplish a simple task.
The MacAfee endpoint security is very resource hungry, specially the drive encryption feature can take a real toll on the hard disks.
Also the drive encryption feature creates headache for support staff, if they had to reinstall the operating system the drive needed to be decrypted and the decryption process is very time consuming taking even days to decrypt the drive.

• Sector: Internet

Publicado el 12/10/2018

In a world with a lot of security options, it's hard to pick just one

We used McAfee for two years when we decided to cancel our license. This decision was 100% because another company offered us a deal we couldn't refuse.

I don't want to name the other company because I know the deal is no longer offered.

Long story short, this new tools seems to make my computer run a little faster, and they claim to be just as secure. I have never suffered a major security breach at any company I have worked with, and I am glad I haven't. Who is to say whether that is coincidence or whether these tools are doing their job.

At the end of the day, buying any security tool is a bit like buying a body guard. There's always going to be someone that could take that guard down with the right amount of force. You have to find the guard that makes you feel safe and helps you sleep at night.

I never lost a single night's sleep with McAfee, and I have maybe lost one or two with this new company. You have to find the guard that is right for you.

Puntos a favor

Great interface. Everything about McAfee's brand and tools feels and looks professional. I can tell that they take security very seriously.

I have had minimal interaction with their Support Team, and my issues were quickly resolved. Set up is extremely quick and self explanatory. Getting my team set up was done in less than a week after purchase, and McAfee has been doing it's job quietly in the background ever since.

Because it's such a widely used tool, most problems can be solved with a quick Google search. Which is a huge plus for a guy like me.

Puntos en contra

I am not tech savvy enough to understand why, but I feel that McAfee slows my system down more than some of the alternatives I have used. And I am fairly tech savvy. It's really frustrating to adopt tools that are supposed to improve your safety, but it's hard to love them when they are reducing your productivity. That being said, if you are vetting these tools for a large company, I would imagine this slowdown is well worth the peace of mind McAfee can otherwise bring.

I feel like scans can take longer than expected sometimes, making it difficult to find the right time of day to perform them (in the morning it can halt a teammate's productivity, but at the end of the day it could extend past closing time).

I always hate to mention price as a con, especially for things that can save your millions of dollars, but McAfee is not cheap. I'll let you work out whether or not that matters for you and your business.

David K.
  • Sector: Comercio mayorista

Publicado el 10/9/2020

Excellent Security Software For Businesses

Overall McAfee is very easy to use, simple to maintain and operate, and well equipped to respond very well to a wide variety of outside threats to any business.

Puntos a favor

McAfee is an excellent security solution for companies who need Firewall, Email and Internet protection for desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. It's very easy to manage and add or remove devices as needed through a central dashboard. Some of its best features are excellent protection against security breaches that include viruses, data loss, malware, ransonware, spyware, and phishing threats. McAfee also comes with a file shredder. It’s an excellent tool to permanently delete files that you don’t want anyone else to see. McAfee does a very good job of blocking spam and unsafe Emails from reaching employees' devices. You can also use McAfee to block unsafe sites from employees ability to access them on your company's network. In the event of a virus, the McAfee software can easily completely remove it. The software has very reliable features such as continual security updates that will constantly scan users devices and search for new threats. Deployment and Administration was very fast and easy. McAfee support is solid and always available to help with any issues that may arise.

Puntos en contra

McAfee does have a negative downside. It can affect the speed performance of other applications and cause lags even when it's operating in the background.

Binujaya P.

Publicado el 28/10/2019

Feel protected at any time

All in all, this software provides a great safe for your computer from viruses and some unwanted errors that may occur but it’s not too great. It needs some improvement and they need to reconsider the price. There are other much cheaper and better software that you can find and use plus they will offer you better protection.

Puntos a favor

McAfee is a great anti-virus tool. They have a great supporting team and are very helpful when you need help from them. If some problem occurs they are solving it very fast, which is something that I like most. This software has helped me and protected my computer from viruses for a long time. It recognizes almost all of the viruses plus the new ones that come up every day. Also, McAfee does a pc scan on its own which is something very nice because sometimes you can forget about scanning your pc and to find out that you have some errors or viruses on your computer.

Puntos en contra

What I don’t like is that it slows my computer a lot. I don’t know why is that happening, maybe because they added something that it’s not needed in the program or some software error however they need to fix that. Another thing that I dislike is that sometimes the scan for errors and viruses take too long. Plus it takes a lot of your memory when you do a scan. If you don’t have enough memory then this is not the right product for you. In the end, the price is not cheap. For anti-virus program that has a lot of things to fix the price is way too high.

Caleb A.
  • Sector: Seguridad informática y de redes

Publicado el 23/1/2020

Secure

I uninstalled after so much lagging it was causing my computer to process.

Puntos a favor

I like the fact of how it protects my computer from viruses and does a little more. I used it everyday when it came as default on my PCs.

Puntos en contra

When it says the thing about the trial has ended I think having a fee for protecting a computer shouldn't even be charged. And also I do like how it protects your computer, but it makes the system works slow even if it works in the background.

Uzair A.
  • Sector: Petróleo y energía
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5,001-10,000 empleados

Publicado el 26/11/2019

An effective antivirus product from one of the leading security companies

We use McAfee Endpoint Security as a primary security solution to protect our infrastructure nodes. We have also integrated it with McAfee EPolicyOrchestrator (EPO) in order to manage all the ENS nodes from a single console.

Puntos a favor

Its ability to integrate seamlessly in all the major OS (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) and granular level of customization to suit specific needs are one of the greatest features in ENS. Also, with its additional modules, we can further enhance its capabilities to achieve maximum protection.

Puntos en contra

It would be better if it has the feature of determining the missing critical OS updates.

Rajesh K.
  • Sector: Servicios de información

Publicado el 7/10/2020

Review of McAfee Endpoint Security.

McAfee is better than others because everyday give a update. so i like very much.

Puntos a favor

This McAfee Endpoint security is very good security products from others provider. because they do updated version as quick as possible. so this very better s/w in system security.

Puntos en contra

McAfee need better help and support to end-user. i sometime to take help from mcafee they took late give a solutions. so they must need improve support.

Alyssa J.
  • Sector: Administración educativa

Publicado el 3/5/2019

10 Stars!

I truly have had an awesome experience with McAfee and I would come back to this service, time and time because it truly is worth it. It eliminates problems and provides top of the line protection, so that I don't then have to problem solve. So, if I had to name this software, I would consider it to be the Ultimate problem solver.

Puntos a favor

I've been using this security protect for the past 4 years on my MacBook. It hands down is the best in comparison to its competitors. I love that I don't need to actively do anything, to ensure that I am protected, it simply works in the background. It was truly a great investment, as, I kid you not, I have never had one single scare or worry. I know that I am safe because, the program runs malware checks and updates every day and once for the week, every two days. I also like that the interface is easy to navigate, if I decide to do a manual scan of everything on my computer, I simply have to click scan. Not a lot of different steps and the reports are always clear and easy to understand.

Puntos en contra

Its so good at times, I almost forget about it. It would be good, if I were to get periodic notifications. Also, the scans do take a really long time to complete, so you have to be prepared to not use your computer for a good hour and a half.

Ethan C.
  • Sector: Software informático

Publicado el 13/9/2019

A very good tool to protect against malware

In general, mcafee endpoint security is a fairly complete and versatile tool to detect and eliminate malware, although there is still much to improve.

Puntos a favor

Mcafee is an excellent tool to protect devices, what I like most about McAfee endpoint security is its very complete and intuitive interface, very easy to understand and use even for the less experienced.
Mcafee endpoint security is quite complete and versatile, I can use it on all my devices without any problem. Besides, its technical support is quite efficient and responds quickly, thanks to this I have always solved all the problems I have had with McAfee.
Although McAfee endpoint security is a very good option, many cons made me leave it.

Puntos en contra

What I mainly don't like about McAfee endpoint security is that its performance blow is quite high, significantly slowing down the productivity of my device.
It is also clear that notifies and results in many false positives or does not detect viruses that other antivirus software detect with relative ease.
However, it is a fairly complete and relatively inexpensive tool.

Dilanka Y.
  • Sector: Software informático

Publicado el 21/3/2019

To save you from Malware Threats!

When talking about my experience both I and my brother and also a lot of my friends are using McAfee as the anti malware protection product for our machines. I think this helped me to keep my machine safe for the past 2 years. Our previous office lap tops also secured using this.

Puntos a favor

For the sake of the beginners, this is a system that protect devices in the cloud or in a network from security threats. In other words it is an anti malware protection product which is designed to secure windows systems.

It is easy to use and the latest version is faster than the others.

It is suitable for the users even who are unaware of technical processes.

It is updating with the time and the newest version is always well improved than the others.

It is very efficient. It can block viruses even just in few seconds.

It can detect every virus and malware ad provide real time protection.

Unlike the others, most of the times, the latest version of McAfee does not slow down your PC while it is booting.

According to my opinion, McAfee is lesser expensive than the other related products in the market.

Puntos en contra

It is using kind of large amount of memory while scanning.
Old versions occur a noticeable slow down.
It is great if the efficiency can be improved.

Joe R.

Publicado el 5/3/2020

McAfee Endpoint Security

My overall experience is highly positive. I like the look and feel of the product and the ability to keep my device clean, it provides a level of trust that I appreciate.

Puntos a favor

The software is great at detecting vulnerabilities on websites and within systems. The tool does not use an abundance of resources

Puntos en contra

The software is reactive to threats and does require a reboot to clean thoroughly. I would like it to be more proactive on its approach.

1,591 opiniones