Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre AccountEdge

AccountEdge's banking tools allow users to send and receive money, prepare bank deposits and electronic payments, print checks and reconcile accounts. The system's purchase order feature allows users create and track purchase...

Saber más

Gary K.
  • Sector: Entretenimiento

Publicado el 16/7/2019

Couldn't be simpler!

Only great things to say about this product.

Puntos a favor

AccountEdge Pro has made a work of difference in my company. With their easy to use dashboard, I can enter purchases, invoice customers, pay bills, create payroll, keep an accurate accounting of my banking and so much more. It is simple to use... even I can do it! It's a huge time saver and in the five years that I have been using AccountEdge, I have never had an issue.

Puntos en contra

Not a big deal but there have been a couple of times when I have had to realign the check printing format.

• Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información

Publicado el 4/2/2022

Overall good product

I love the software and functionality but will most likely switch to another platform due to lack of support from customer service. Also support to your accountant is also non existent.

Puntos a favor

The simplicity of this product makes it enjoyable to use. The layout is nice and it makes it easy to find things you are looking for.

Puntos en contra

Customer support has gone completely down. Upgraded to the 2021 version and it broke a lot of features including the ability to send emails through outlook. Had to wait months for a fix and had to send out invoices manually. Come tax time they now want me to upgrade to 2022 for the accountant to get a copy to work on my file. Software maybe a good price but don't expect any support without spending more money. Basically a trap to force you to pay.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Razones para elegir AccountEdge

The online version of Quickbooks was very limited. Linking payments was a nightmare as you have no control over credit card approvals. Basically a customer can purchase by credit card, quickbooks approves it and holds you responsible for any charge backs.

Software anterior

Razones para cambiar a AccountEdge

Accountedge layout is much better and easy to use.
Thomas E.
  • Sector: Servicios financieros

Publicado el 20/6/2022

The real Cost of AccountEdge is in Payments Processing

I'm a consultant that works with multiple AccountEdge users. It's important to know that there is an agreement between AccountEdge and Forte to share payments processing revenue. Forte will tell its customers that the rates are competitive but they simply are not. There are customers paying over 2% over market rates. Moreover, your rates will go up over time and because you integrated the payments you will be forced to pay the increases. If you are considering AccountEdge because of features you like go ahead and buy it but leave your payments processing non-integrated and choose a payments processing provider you trust

Puntos a favor

I'm focused more on the payments processing and warning prospective buyers on the downside of the exclusive arrangement between AccountEdge and Forte

Puntos en contra

AccountEdge/Forte Payments processing, IMHO leaves the user open to price gouging for credit card processing ,

Las mejores alternativas a AccountEdge

Sage 50cloud Accounting

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Jim C.

Publicado el 26/9/2019

Accountedge Pro

Accountedge Pro is easy to use and has all the features needed. It’s a good program. I have enjoyed using it.

Puntos a favor

Very easy to use. Performs all required tasks Automatically. It’s reliable. Easy to navigate. Works very well.

Puntos en contra

Lacks mobile integration- being able to use application on mobile device when on the toad or at a clients office. There are some functions available like looking up old invoices and jobs. But that’s about it. In this day and age portable applications are almost necessary.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Razones para cambiar a AccountEdge

While quick books is more widely used, I preferred the functionality of accountedge pro
Jason H.
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria

Publicado el 24/2/2022

Good product if you have accounting background

I really want to like this software more but their lack of development in several areas make that difficult. In many ways it is much better and more secure than Quickbooks so if that is the target product you are researching then this might be a good alternative for you and your business. As you should with any software like this do your research and plan out what your needs are and how you plan to use it to make sure this is the right thing for you.

Puntos a favor

Overall AccountEdge is a pretty straightforward product with regards to accounting. Its major strengths are budgeting and the input of that data, financial reporting (monthly books) and accounts payable.

Puntos en contra

There are some bigger issues that I am not a fan of with AccountEdge and in my 26 plus years of doing accounting I can say there are some poorer products but there are a lot of much better ones as well. Accounts receivable and the vendor/customer input needs some serious updating. We recently did an import of our data from the old owners to the new owners and it took the developers some serious time to get that figured our and fixed even after we were told it was not that difficult of a process by support. There is not mass way to remove and customer/vendor profiles. The billing system, if you want to give your customers the ability to be sent their month invoices and make payments, actually resides in another product, Account Edge Connect not in the base Account Edge. With that being said they only talk to each other with a manual "sync" each time you want them to update the other. There is no way to export data to a banking website for things like Bank of America's positive pay. So ACH's are a very manual process. If it was 10 years ago I could see why this wouldn't be a feature but its 2021 folks and this should be able to be done at this point. Especially with how virtual we all have to be nowadays. Support is hit or miss. There are a few really awesome folks and then again not so much. They offer no after hours support so you better only have an issue between 9am-5pm eastern time, otherwise you are stuck.

• Sector: Contabilidad

Publicado el 13/1/2022

Allow Time for Manual Entries

Fine for a small business with employees, but requires a ton of manual entry., even with a subscription that costs hundreds of dollars per year.

Puntos a favor

I like the ease of use, clean interface, payroll liability payments and other features, like recurring transactions, that are similar to Quickbooks. Price is fair and support is helpful. I like that you can attach documents, but if their location is moved, its no longer accessible within AccountEdge.

Puntos en contra

Not online or bank feed friendly, no full-service payroll option. Report customization is extremely lacking.

Capabilities with reasonable pricing
Lisa J.
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor

Publicado el 2/5/2019

Easy and customizable

Wonderful. I have been using it since 1992. And my CPA loves the reports I generate at the end of the year, it makes figuring up my taxes really easy for him because I can add different expense/income categories and customize it for certain deductions.

Puntos a favor

I have used this software since 1992, when it was called MYOB. It's easy to use, and has all the help you need right in the software. The categories are customizable, and you can easily make edits . you can also generate customized reports.

Puntos en contra

When I am entering a new customer, I would like to have more options on the main screen, such as the initial customer date and notes instead of having multiple screens to click through, it would make it easier to be able to see all the data on one screen.

• Sector: Práctica médica

AccountEdge Pro

See above

Puntos a favor

I bought the original software a long time ago because it was Mac based. I am only a Mac user.

Puntos en contra

I wish the decimal point floated. I know that that sounds silly but it would be nice. Plus, there needs to be a better way to put in "online" payments in check book. I only use checkbook and payroll. All the rest is a waste for me.

• Sector: Marketing y publicidad

Publicado el 11/9/2018

very good overall

i believe the key word is "control" of the business finances through generally simple, user-friendly management of income, expenses, financial reports and tax preparations for the accounting firm.

Puntos a favor

generally user-friendly even for those like I who are not accounting-knowledgeable, good, patient, friendly accounting/tech support. although MYOB ownership and name has changed over the years, service quality, continuity and evolution has been smooth and positive.

Puntos en contra

a little expensive for a single person business and a couple of times there have been two situations where accounting support instructions to solution have not worked - albeit only twice over all these years.

John M.

Publicado el 25/12/2021

user since 1994

they have always taken good care of us

Puntos a favor

works perfectly, info desk had quick and complete solutions

Puntos en contra

less well known, i have "brand name envy" because i use a lesser known program

Meredith B.

Publicado el 17/5/2019

CPA is Baffled.

The invoicing functions work well, creating and sending pdf invoices via Outlook. Creating custom forms such as checks, invoices, statements is easy; I color-code them so customers can easily distinguish an INVOICE (red) from a RECEIPT (green) and so on. Most of the reports work, but I need to upload many to Excel to manipulate the data (to report retained earnings, for example). There is no option to strip the "pretty" formatting on BalSh or Income reports, so to make them functional you need to remove all that formatting (extra blank lines, merged cells, extra blank columns, multiple font colors, shading). This is annoying and unavoidable as far as I can tell. Their "Knowledge Base" and other support, including videos, is just sad. The live customer support when I first subscribed had a complete lack of understanding of accounting. A recent bug required me to send my entire file (a zipped backup) and take a week off while they repaired it and send back a "FIXED" copy. They didn't charge me, but I had to give employees pay advances and pre-pay bills to completely quit bookkeeping for a week. New ownership based in Israel may have improved customer service but I can't verify. There are payroll reports that accurately calc. 941s and W-2s and others but you have to use the numbers to complete the IRS forms online unless you want to buy the reporting program separately. I find the non-submittable reports work fine for doing the online forms and printing for my files.

Puntos a favor

After three years I'm comfortable with the daily use of AccountEdge. I used my failing Peachtree to calculate payroll for the first year and entered the numbers manually. Now I use the payroll subscription, which is not as flexible as I would like but it works. (I don't need the uploaded rates and could easily enter them manually.) I emailed a note about my frustration with manually calculating different matching and withholding SIMPLE rates for different employees and the answer completely solved the problem--the program now issues perfect paychecks and tax reports. This was one of two customer service experiences that were positive

Puntos en contra

My CPA finds it incomprehensible. As a corporation we carry profits and losses forward as retained earnings and are not required by law to distribute profits as dividends. AccountEdge does not allow me (or my CPA using his copy) to make the year-end adjustment to Retained Earnings reports so we can't know where we stand. I want to retire and sell or hand off the business but can't produce accurate reports via AccountEdge.
Also I detest the automatic numbering feature for payments (it's great for invoicing) and wish that could be optionally turned off. I pay at least half our bills online and record the confirmation number in the check number space, which is especially handy for reconciling half a dozen monthly federal and state tax payments to my bank--and to verify that I sent the payments! A great many confirmation numbers (IRS, Colorado payroll, unemployment, credit cards, FedEx, Comcast) exceed the maximum 8 digits allowed for check numbers. (I can enter the full numbers in the memo space.) It is obvious to me that the program had its origins in Apple/Mac as it has automatic functions that actually hamper accounting. It doesn't integrate with our estimating software as does QuickBooks so I may end up just using it for payroll (to avoid that Quick Books cost).

Michael M.
  • Sector: Internet

Publicado el 28/1/2022

A fully featured accounting solution for Mac users

There really aren't many fully featured accounting apps for Mac, and this is an excellent piece of software once you understand its features and limitations.

Puntos a favor

Once you get over the initial learning curve, AccountEdge is a powerful piece of accounting software. Updates regularly provide bug fixes and keep things up to date. Having a network edition for multiple Macs is very useful in a business environment. The customer service is excellent, and they have been able to help out numerous times.

Puntos en contra

The initial learning curve is quite steep, and the interface is showing its age somewhat. It can be difficult (or impossible) to edit some accounts or tax details, and this has required technical help from customer service (who were, in fairness, very patient and helpful.) Editing templates for printing can be very fiddly.

Karen S.

my program

it's great for custom reports, breaking down expenses for each job, setting up vendors and customers with custom pricing, discounts, shipping, and tax information as well as detailed contact information.

Puntos a favor

It is very easy to set up your company. It is very easy to navigate through the program. It has all the features that the big name overpriced software companies have and more. It works great for our air conditioning company with accounting that can be broken down by jobs. The payroll service is very easy to use and they keep it updated all the time. I think I have only called customer support 2 times and both times they had my questions answered right then. I would recommend this software to anyone needing to breakdown your accounting for custom reports, job tracking, employee handling.

Puntos en contra

The one pet peeve I have is that most of the payroll reports don't have totals you have to export them to excel and reconfigure them to get your totals or total everything by hand. Some of the reports they way they are laid out make it very hard to reconfigure them in excel. It doesn't let you access history more than two years so you have to look up on your back ups if you need to find something older.

Scott C.

Publicado el 13/1/2017

Best Accounting Software Ever!!

I've been using AccountEdge Pro since it came out. before that I was using MYOB. I have tried QuickBooks and Quicken and frankly AccountEdge Pro works like I think. Entering Invoices, and purchases is simple and quick and updates my inventory. All of my bank accounts, credit cards, loans, lines are easily reconciled and auto payments keeps them updated. At the end of the year my accountant gets a copy of my file, reviews it, gives me accountant adjustments to enter, and completes my taxes. If I wanted, I could just print out any report he needs easily and he could complete the taxes with those reports. but since he is a AccountEdge Certified CPA he offers to do a complete review and helps guide me on setting things up correctly. I can run my business instead of having to be or having to hire an accountant for daily, and weekly bookkeeping!!

Puntos a favor

Flexibility to adapt it to my business needs.

Puntos en contra

?? In over 20 years of using the versions of this software any cons I had are gone because the developers listen an input users ideas and suggestions.

Barbara T.
  • Sector: Suministros y equipo para empresas

Happy customer.

I can do our own payroll. Our accountant is only needed at the end of the year to do our overall business taxes. She is happy with the way that information is presented.

Puntos a favor

I have been using this software for years. It keeps track of all the payroll information the is needed for doing payroll yourself. Very simple to use.

Puntos en contra

It may be a user error, but I wish I could delete items in inventory easier or change the items name. We are Sharp dealers and sometimes product numbers change and I would like to get our inventory lists shorter to keep the file smaller.

Respuesta de Acclivity

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your review.

In response to your inventory issues, you can delete an item as long as the quantity on hand is zero and can not be pending on any invoices. You would also need to purge old transitions that have this item on it.

You should be able to change the Item name/number easily by going into your Item List and clicking on the item, just click on the Name or Item Number field that you would like to change.

If you need additional help, you can reach out technical support team for free at accountedge.com/help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Respondido el 13/9/2018
Paul D.
  • Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro

Publicado el 5/12/2016

Terrific accounting software for volunteer treasurer's

AccountEdge Pro and earlier products all the way back to earlier software products have provided a way for me to serve as a volunteer treasurer at my church, homeowners association and civic association over many years. AccountEdge Pro provides all the features needed in an easy to use, fully integrated, efficient package for the accounting needs of the organizations I've helped. Closing each year and moving on to the next is done in a matter of a few minutes. The reports can be customized so everyone can easily understand the financial situation of the organization. Each year the product has improved. I've only needed support a few times over the last 15 or so years, but each time the support was easy to get and those helping were pleasant and knowledgeable, unlike my experience with other product's support when trying to get help with that I use for my personal finances. When I've handed off my duties to others, moving from the Mac environment I use to the Windows environment others use has gone smoothly. I strongly recommend AccountEdge Pro for anyone needing a robust, complete, usable, multi-platform accounting solution made up of superb software, top-notch support, affordable cost, flexible reporting and great human engineering. AccountEdge allows me to do quickly and easily take care of my organization's accounting needs.

Puntos a favor

Flexibility, efficiency, ease of use, support, efficiency.

Puntos en contra

There are so many features that sometimes I get lost in the choices, especially the reporting choices.

• Sector: Fotografía

Publicado el 11/9/2018

Longtime user. Could be better, but has been solid for us.

Generally good. Been using it for over a decade and it meets the needs of our publishing and consulting business just fine.

Puntos a favor

Fairly customizable to meet our unique needs. Love that payroll and inventory tracking are built in, not some extra service. Also tax forms (which are an additional fee), and credit card processing (but would be nice to use Stripe instead). Just added kits for inventory, which is long overdue. Basically it's one stop shop for us and meets all accounting, inventory, POS needs for phone sales.

Puntos en contra

That it is not an entirely online software solution so that we could easily (at no extra cost) access and work with data anywhere. That it does not integrate seamlessly with our ecommerce software (only works with Shopify, which is a more expensive and less flexible option than Bigcommerce). The tax form should integrate more seamlessly and be part of the monthly support fee.

Gary C.
  • Sector: Software informático

Publicado el 2/12/2016

Great Small Business Accounting Software

I love AccountEdge. AccountEdge I consider the best small and medium business software on the market.
Beyond AccountEdge, I have used and taught other people Peachtree, Sage, Quickbooks, and Simply Accounting. So I have experience with a lot of accounting software.
1 - AccountEdge has AR, AP, GL, Payroll, Time Billing, and Inventory all built in.
2 - Payroll processing and basic tax forms, can be done by yourself without having pay extra (They only charge to update tax tables)
3 - They have free iPhone and iPad apps
4 - The software does Retainers / Escrow / Trusts
5 - The software has UPS shipping integration built in for no extra charge
6 - Multiple Location Inventory Tracking for no extra charge
7 - The file is cross platform, its the same for both Mac and Windows
8 - You can get a free copy of program for your accountant
9 - You can import and export most the data
10-The feature set is equilivant to the higher end versions of Sage and Quickbooks.
11-Accountedge is a lot cheaper.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use for the number of features

Puntos en contra

Slow performance during some functions.

Jill W.
  • Sector: Contabilidad

Publicado el 12/9/2018

Best accounting software out there!

I've used several different accounting programs and am forced to use two others right now at different clients, and AccountEdge wins hands down. I can do so much more, in a logical and intelligent way, than with the other programs: reports, searches, even simple transactions like checks, deposits, journal entries--they all make much more sense in AccountEdge.

Puntos a favor

It makes sense--the reports and searches are logical and easy to figure out. It's easy to find your way around. It can keep you from making stupid mistakes like duplicating a vendor or customer card, but if you do, you can merge the cards. The check and invoice forms are completely customizable.

Puntos en contra

I didn't like having to open old data files to get information from prior years, but now the program allows you to keep transactions from the last eight years, I believe. I still have to restore old files from time to time, though.

Brad W.
  • Sector: Software informático

So many functions… and stable for 13 years use now

We are a software company with most of our business taking place online. I do regular reconciliation of hundreds of thousands of transactions… consolidating them into AccountEdge weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. In addition we have lots of direct customers that pay by Purchase Order. We drop-ship a number of hardware products from various vendors.

Puntos a favor

They are constantly updating the software and I've only had one data "glitch" in the 13 years I've run the software (with hundreds of thousands of sales invoices/quotes/purchase orders/transactions… and that one problem was rectified by their support team very quickly.

Puntos en contra

I love that they add new features yearly, but typically I don't find the features as useful as I'd find others. They are always willing to take feedback however, and I look forward to some of my suggestions being implemented.

I also wish the network edition worked on Windows.

Emily F.

Publicado el 10/9/2018

Easy to use but a few quirks that annoy me each month

Overall AccountEdge makes my business bookkeeping simple-- I've used Quickbooks for other clients and I really do prefer the way AccountEdge handles billing for a daily service industry (we are in landscape maintenance). I wish the mobile technology allowed my husband to see more customer info when he is in the field, but we are able to work around that typically.

Puntos a favor

Ease of use for progress billing, I am able to bill daily sales in an easy to use format helping me not lose revenue by missing charges to customers

Puntos en contra

No ability to show customer total outstanding balance without a statement. I also think the reconciling process is clunky for bank statements and credit cards. My deposits show twice when I group them for a bank deposit slip and customer balances can be inaccurate on "cards".

Bonnie P.
  • Sector: Envases y contenedores

AccountEdge Pro review

We have used AccountEdge for over 20 years. (When it was originally MYOB). It works with our small business very well for the price we pay. We tried another software that cost 10 times as much and it wasn't user friendly at all and had a lot of issues. Will stay with AccountEdge.

Puntos a favor

It is easy to use and figure out even without a manual

Puntos en contra

The inventory module puts a reversing entry in when you receive material and you have to take it out.

Respuesta de Acclivity

Hi Bonnie,

Our Inventory tracking in AccountEdge should not be requiring you to manually make any changes because of a reversing entry.

I spoke with our technical support team and they would need more details to fully understand what is happening in the software.

You can reach out to our support team at accountedge.com/help for free to get this figured out.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Respondido el 13/9/2018
John L.

Publicado el 9/1/2018

AccountEdge for Mac

AccountEdge is a solid Accounting System, however, the Paid support is lacking. The support Staff are not overly familiar with the product they are supposed to be supporting, and you are put on hold constantly why they "research" your issue.

Puntos a favor

AccountEdge for Mac is a solid Accounting Program. It allows me to keep track of everything financially related to my company. It also allows me to do my own Payroll, which is helpful.

Puntos en contra

The product does not support iOS devices very well. It has not updated its AccountEdge for iPhone application to keep up with its competitors. My Personal iBank iPhone application integrates seamlessly to my Desktop program, allowing me to keep track of my finances in real time, on the go.

Neil H.

Publicado el 22/12/2016

Best Accounting Package Out There!

I am a former QB for Mac user. After spending countless hours on the phone with customer support (from India), and not being able to under stand the tech or being able to get them to understand my software problem, I decided to look for a better accounting package.
I found it with AccountEdge Pro. The software is easy to set up! It works great! And customer support is FANTASTIC!
Whenever my company changes or I forget how to do something, I call customer support. If they are busy they will call me back. When I am on with customer support, they are english speaking from New Jersey. Lets just say they are "Made in America". They have always helped me with my problem.
I have been with AccountEdge Pro for several years. You can't go wrong with this software company. I love these guys.

Puntos a favor

It is easy to use and meets all of my needs.

Nothing

Glen S.
  • Sector: Automoción

Publicado el 10/9/2018

AccountEdge Pro/The best ever!

I have had this software since early 90's when it was MYOB (Mind Your Own Business). Loved the name! I had already gotten Quicken and was lost from the start. I didn't even install it to my computer, it was so confusing. MYOB/AccountEdge was so easy to set up. It took me no time at all to be up and running. I waited a year or so to get the payroll module... what a mistake. I should have gotten it at the same time... again... easy , easy , easy. I was spending hours upon hours doing payroll, withholding, employee records...etc... got set up... now it only takes me minutes. Love it!

Puntos a favor

Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to understand, just plain easy.

Puntos en contra

It has too much? lol. I don't use a lot of the features that are available, but if I need something, it is there.

87 opiniones