Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre Deltek Costpoint

Deltek Costpoint is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) and management solution designed to meet the requirements of midsize and large enterprise businesses. The solution primarily assists government contractors, professional...

Saber más

Evaluaciones de función

Consulta las opiniones sobre Deltek Costpoint

196 de 194 opiniones
Ordenar por:
Usuario verificado
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 5,001-10,000 empleados

Publicado el 17/11/2021

Easy-to-use program for tracking hours worked.

I used this program daily to track my hours worked for each pay period. It was pretty easy to use and did not take much time out of my day.

Puntos a favor

This program was very simple to use to track your hours worked. It was efficient, easy, and did not take much time to learn or to use it daily.

Puntos en contra

I cannot think of anything specific that I disliked about this program.

Juliana L. Juliana L.
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Costpoint

This was a lot more time consuming to implement. Other softwares we surveyed before going with CP had a tool that would export our data from quick books into their system. Not sure why CP doesn’t have this feature.

Puntos a favor

The reporting feature. We really liked the cognos relationship, and the ability to export directly to excel as well as upload from excel.

Puntos en contra

The revenue to income statement. I have never worked with an accounting system where once I created and posted an invoice, the total revenue for that product on the income statement is different then what was billed. I do not understand why I have to tell my system to recognize or “pick up” my revenue. It’s redundant and causes a lot of headaches.

Razones para elegir Deltek Costpoint

Unable to handle complex project setup requirement

Software anterior

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Razones para cambiar a Deltek Costpoint

Because of the partnership with COGNOS
Ruby L. Ruby L.
  • Sector: Banca
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 30/9/2018

Deltek Review

It is an ok system overall but there needs to be a huge update to the system to compete with it's competitors. The strong point is that most government contractor are using Deltek Time and Attendance since it is engineered for this industry so people are more likely to get the HRIS system to integrate easily with timesheets.

Puntos a favor

The system has a pretty easy interface to enter in basic information such as personal information, checking, tax information, and updating benefits. The ESS system once setup, it is pretty great for the employees as they can choose benefits through open enrollment, update tax information and update their address information. The reporting is simple for standard reports and can be easily pulled in excel format so you are able to manipulate the spreadsheets.

Puntos en contra

The software is very outdated and has not been updated in several years. Other systems are light years ahead of this system as it looks like it is from the 1990's. The custom reporting is very clunky and hard to create any of these reports as there are many files to look into and no intelligent search functions. You can only pull the reports in excel format so there not other options such as CSV and PDF. The ESS section is also out of date and not very integrative to the HRIS system. The setup for benefits, tax and validations tables in the back end of the system is hard to recognize and makes it harder for complete setup. There is ACA integration as well and it makes it hard that you have to click on separate sections of the screen to look at information rather than clicking one repository to reach all of the information.

Las mejores alternativas a Deltek Costpoint

PROCAS Accounting for Government Contractors

Acumatica Cloud ERP

Tina D. Tina D.

Publicado el 1/12/2018

Easy-to-use but doesn't work for every situation

Puntos a favor

I use costpoint daily at my job and the software is very easy to navigate. I have no issues searching for BOMs (Bill of Materials) and costpoint interacts relatively seamlessly with the systems that we use for engineering drawings and shop floor instructions.

Puntos en contra

A lot of the materials in the BOMs seem to be controlled by effectivity dates. This may work well for companies that have interchangeable parts with planned obsolescence dates, but the industry I work in has variable production schedules where it'd be preferable to control materials by engineering drawing effectivity.

Kent D. Kent D.

Publicado el 22/3/2019

Deltek

Puntos a favor

Deltek Costpoint is a great software tool to manage parts, inventory, finances and cost reports.
It is very easy to use if you are aware that the first priority of Costpoint is a financial tool.
It is customizable to link to other software for ERP and MES solutions.

Puntos en contra

There is a dedicated support team, but for an enterprise solution there aren't many options for individual sites.

Breanna K. Breanna K.
  • Sector: Relaciones gubernamentales

Publicado el 4/11/2021

Costpoint

Overall, it's not bad if you have proper training. But bringing someone new in to use it, is a difficult task and requires a sit down training. I wish it was more user friendly.

Puntos a favor

It gets the job done and ensures we are in compliance

Puntos en contra

It is not intuitive, so you need all the training you can get to know what simple buttons you need to do, to put out results you want.

Randall H. Randall H.
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 17/12/2018

Easy to use once you get the hang of it

Overall I think Deltek is a solid tool and I would not mind continuing to use the software, however I've worked at other places that have had better or at least more user-friendly timekeeping systems.

Puntos a favor

As a user, my only involvement with Deltek is entering my hours on a daily basis after work. It took some fiddling around but once I got the hang of it, it was pretty straight forward to log my data. The tool allows you to see how much holiday or PTO balance you have as well as allowing you to access your paystub. These were things that my company previously had as separate systems, so it's nice that they're all together now.

Puntos en contra

It was hard to familiarize myself with the tool at first as it seems all the basic functions for simply entering my time data is hidden under various levels of menus. I don't know if it's merely because of the way my company configured the tool, but I haven't figured out how to print things, especially my paystub. There is no option that I'm aware of for looking at my PTO history.

Usuario verificado

Costpoint from a Programmer's View

It works well, it is easy to learn and run.

Puntos a favor

Ease to select rows of data and export to excel and vice versa. Help information is great as well

Puntos en contra

Error messages are not clear as to the real issue is. It lacks some of the report functionality.

Melissa C. Melissa C.
  • Sector: Servicios medioambientales

Publicado el 26/5/2021

Convenient All-in-One Tool

Puntos a favor

I like that I can switch between daily tasks easily in Costpoint; I an enter payroll and set-up a project all in one place.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes the system freezes and causes unsaved work.

Loxie S. Loxie S.
  • Sector: Servicios medioambientales
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Publicado el 8/7/2021

Powerful tool

Puntos a favor

It covers most aspects a company accounting department would need. A nice all in one tool.

Puntos en contra

Not being able to have multiple costpoint windows opened at the same time. On some tabs, the layout is so outdated and not user-friendly that it is hard to navigate without a big screen.

Karen C. Karen C.
  • Sector: Administración gubernamental

Publicado el 2/5/2017

I have used Costpoint for 8 years. I have been able to learn a lot.

Reporting, payroll, versatility, project reporting and capture, labor capture

Puntos a favor

I love the versatility of this software. It does so much and we can pull a lot of different information. It's very detailed in most areas and we can hold notes as well. Since I work in payroll, I think that the people and payroll modules are most useful for me.

Puntos en contra

I really don't like that we can not accrue a non-cash fringe. We have asked and asked for this feature and it has never been considered. All our employees accrue fringe non-cash to use towards benefits.
I also don't like the way the employee garnishments are set up. Every time there is a change to a garnishment (such as the amount in a child support order), I have to stop the garnishment and set up a new one in order to preserve any history. It can be confusing for anyone else looking at someone's file. Also, the note field is to small, doesn't hold enough information for the order (like children or custodial parents) that used to be included in Costpoint 6. I was disappointed when this was removed.

Robert D. Robert D.

Publicado el 28/6/2017

This Software is a must have for any Gov't Contractor that wants to do business in this space

Puntos a favor

The application is very powerful and very flexible which allows you to set things up for your business as simply or as complex as you would like. The ability to enter everything only once and capture all the data needed to properly allocate all of your Fringe / Overhead / G&A or Material & Handling Cost Pools is critical to being able to prepare DCAA / DCMA compliant Invoices, DCAA Disclosure Statements and Incurred Cost Submissions. Every module that you add on automatically links with the existing Accounting data so no extra steps are needed to get different modules to talk to one another.

Puntos en contra

Not always easy to tell if or when a patch is needed to update a specific module. Don't really know anything is needed until you run into an error message. Sometimes it is hard to update or patch just the application that is giving you problems because fixes can cover more then one application.

Vicki P. Vicki P.

Publicado el 8/5/2017

Costpoint is an extremely powerful project based accounting system

Puntos a favor

The flexibility it provides. With both private and public clients, we are required to provide invoices to clients in many different formats, and some project setups can be quite complicated. Costpoint allows us the flexibility we need to manage our projects effectively and also meet our client's needs. We also love the extensibility tool introduced with Costpoint 7 that has allowed us to customize the software in order to enforce many of our internal procedures and business rules.

Puntos en contra

Because of it's flexibility, it can be complicated, which leads to errors. We hear from our new users that systems they worked on previously provided more of a standard workflow that guided them through the project setup process. We realize this is very difficult to do with some many different project setup requirements, and we've tried to accomplish some of this through the extensibility tool.

Nabeel C. Nabeel C.
  • Sector: Software informático

Publicado el 18/11/2017

CostPoint Review

Overall, if you are in the government contracting industry, CostPoint is as reliable as a software as any out there. With its wide acceptance across the industry, it is a extremely useful software to be familiar with.

Puntos a favor

CostPoint is an extremely powerful and a widely used accounting software. One of its best features is the ability to accommodate a diverse set of accounting and financial needs and the innate ability to run seamless interfaces with other Deltek products such as T&E and Cognos. It's relatively easy to use and can be picked up by most users quickly.

Puntos en contra

Costpoint lags behind its competitor in the innovation it offers it's users and customers. They software updates are infrequent and often do not result in any major updates and upgrades. There are also many areas of functionality within Costpoint that seem to be offer duplicity and could be improved.

Nicholas L. Nicholas L.
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 18/11/2018

Deltek Costpoint Review

It has been a decent system overall but there is a lack of customization, predictive features, poor reporting features and no updates for several years so other HRIS systems are way ahead of this particular system.

Puntos a favor

It is a pretty simple to use software for HRIS data and has a lot of fields to enter. It is great that there is a reporting system to allow for standard and custom reports. There is an immediate entry into the system once changes are made so it is great to get an immediate response.

Puntos en contra

There are several cons with the system. First, it has not been updated over several years and no upgrades have been made to keep up with the times. It feels like the system is dated back to the 1980's. There is no predictive searches for employees, there are too many windows for different types of employee data so it is hard to find certain employee data. The reporting is also hard to create custom reports as you have to understand extensive knowledge of Cognos, hard to search fields for employee data and it is clunky. There are no workflows or business rules that can be setup in order to allow for notifications for certain events regarding employee self service.

Sandra O. Sandra O.

Costpoint from BRM viewpoint

Great software overall

Puntos a favor

Ease to learn and easy to use screen and download data

Puntos en contra

Incomplete error messages and missing edits.

Alternativas consideradas

PRICE
James B. James B.

Publicado el 29/11/2018

COSTPOINT IS LAZY AND STUPID

There is not a day that goes by that I am not pissed off at this software. It's 10:00 A.M and I have stopped working to come here and post about how awful cospoint is. Example: While creating a Purchase order costpoint tells me there are 10 PR's total for the PO. I continue to the PO and start pluggin in the information and realize there are only 9. What hapenened? Did I do something wrong? So I go back to create the PO and run it again and it says that 1 is processed. No problem right? sure, but this kind of thing happens all the time. Why would software only do part of a task? why does it get lazy and decide it doesn't want to do it. This happens all the time and it isn't always so simple. This can cause huge problems on a larger PO. Another example I am going through right now is when costpoint is assigning PO's it will do it with multiple people so someone cannot use it. They won't know until later when they open the PO that it was assigned to someone else and have to back out everything they did and start over. I have to back out 30 PR's right now but wanted to say how absolutely awful this software is. If you are working you need to save after each thing you do or every couple things. yyou can't just work through something and hit save at the end because you will confuse cospoint and it will generate an error. then you have to refresh the screen thus losing all data input and start over again. you have to realize that cospoint is lazy and stupid and you have to work with it slowly to avoid doing things twice. This is the worst software I have worked with for inventory and everyone I work with will agree across all departments. It is like an ongoing joke. I left working for my current employer and then returned a few years later and when I returned I realized I had forgotten what a piece of crap costpoint was and should have held out for more pay due to having to deal with it again. It will put you in a situation where you will look like you made a mistake countless times. It will create more work for you over and over again.

Puntos a favor

There really isn't much that I like about costpoint except that it is an online database that can be accessed from the internet instead of being hosted on a server at the company. however this also limits it as well so I remain neutral on anything positive. Over several years of working with it my hatred of the software has grown to the point of me not seeing any thing really that good about it. It completes tasks sometimes.... which is unacceptable. it should complete them all the time.

Puntos en contra

You cannot work fast and have to save often because the program will get confused if you do too much at one time. It creates extra workload due to the time it takes to undo the problems that it created. program seems to be lazy and does tasks intermittently. When you click the save button it is like a gamble as to whether or not it will carry out the task. it will assign key tracking numbers to multiple people at the same time without the users knowing and they will have to back out all their data.

Jade M. Jade M.
  • Sector: Ingeniería industrial o mecánica

COSTPOINT IS PRETTY AWESOME

After using it for over a year, I am noticing that a lot of the processes are streamlined which helps with accurate accounting of POs and the information stored for vendors.

Puntos a favor

I like the fact that their interfaces are able to communicate with each other. I also like the ease of use when using the software. It is honestly cut an dry and if you have used various SAP before, you should not have an issue with this one. I transitioned from the US Army using GCSS-Army and the interfaces in costpoint were virtually the same.

Puntos en contra

I like the software, but my company does not or wants to ay for all the modules needed, so I feel as though I cannot use Costpoint to its full potential as I feel it can be used. I hope after this conference I am able to go back to my Company's President and change his mind.

Stacy H. Stacy H.
  • Sector: Arquitectura y planificación

Publicado el 12/4/2017

CostPoint Software User

I first used Deltek using CostPoint. I found it relatively easy to get around. It was pretty clean cut. The only issue I may have had was how the paid when paid worked, it never seemed to work right. The consultant helping us set up really didn't know what she was doing, and never came back to tell us her findings after she took notes and said she would look into it. Then I left that company and started using Vision. It was real easy to convert having worked in CostPoint.

Puntos a favor

It was real easy to get around the system and work in different windows.

Puntos en contra

Paid when Paid never worked correctly, never could get a reason why.

Heather S. Heather S.

Publicado el 17/5/2017

The system is very straight forward and easy to navigate.

It meets all my HR Technology needs.

Puntos a favor

From an HR standpoint, the system is very easy to use and well thought out. The reporting is easy to do for mandatory compliance. It makes our jobs easier. We just starting using the Talent Management last year for applicant tracking and onboarding. Once we go live with the integration from Talent Management to Costpoint, it will create efficiencies for HR and payroll departments.

Puntos en contra

Once some is entered and saved in someone's record. It can be hard to remove that person. There also seems to be a lot of hotfixes, but it does make the system better in the long run.

Jane H. Jane H.

Publicado el 9/5/2017

CP is good and user friendly

Puntos a favor

Costpoint offers government contractors unparalleled project management, accounting, labor, reporting and compliance features so you get the exact capability you need to increase efficiency and improve profitability. It was built specifically for government contractors and has been adopted by thousands of government contractors and earned the trust of federal agencies and their auditors.

Puntos en contra

System bug, system not stable. Take long time to get customer service back some time. Field names and connections to other fields are not readily apparent. Takes years to become fluent in the program.

Nastazija B. Nastazija B.
  • Sector: Relaciones gubernamentales

Publicado el 24/9/2020

Not a big fan of this program

Puntos a favor

Accessible (once you have your credentials) from any computer. Easy to track your hours worked and if they were approved or not. Also the feature of used/unused leave balance is really helpful.

Puntos en contra

If you are not assigned to a project for a while, the whole access needs to be reset by HR, which is completely unnecessary. It is a bit annoying that every time you put in your hours worked you have to save the changes otherwise if you sign out and sign back in from another device you have to start all over. If HR has not uploaded the correct project code - you can't put any hours in at all. If you need to make changes of the hours worked, it is a hassle, because it's throwing error messages all over.

Harlan H. Harlan H.

Publicado el 16/5/2017

7.1.1 Admin disappointed with the constant updates but the end-users like it

Puntos a favor

Our end-users generally have zero complaints with the software. We use it for everything from purchasing and receiving to HR functions.

Puntos en contra

I'm not a fan of the new update model they have rolled out with 7.1.1. It seems there are constant updates and, unlike previous versions where you only installed the updates you needed to fix a particular issue, they now expect ALL updates to be installed. I realize they are trying to get away from the need for major revision upgrades by doing this but the load on the IT department is WAY more than it used to be for day-to-day operations.

Ray V. Ray V.
  • Sector: Tecnología y servicios de la información

Publicado el 29/9/2020

Easy Timecards

Overall, I've been very pleased in my experience with the software. Entering my time is easier than software used in my last job, and corrections are easier to make. My time cards have been easy to read and understand when going back to review them!

Puntos a favor

This software allows a user to easily access their timecards and log their time. Saving favorite codes for items such as contracts worked, favorites, leave, etc. is a breeze.

Puntos en contra

I haven't encountered any issues thus far. There can be an overwhelming number of time codes depending on the company you work for.

Jason W. Jason W.
  • Sector: Consultoría de gestión
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

Publicado el 15/12/2017

Ultimate GovCon Compliance

Deltek pushes this ERP solution to all Government Contractors now, no matter the size of the business. As a GovCon accounting/business system SME, I would not recommend this system to businesses with less than 100 FTE / 5M annual revenue.

Puntos a favor

The Costpoint ERP system is well integrated depending on the features/add-ons you purchase. It drives compliant practices if you've set it up correctly.

Puntos en contra

Setup and maintenance is not for the average user. Training is a bit scarce unless you hire a consultant. Very expensive if you want full integration. Support from the manufacturer is fair at best.

196 opiniones